Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you believe it?

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2001, 07:21 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Informed my insurance company, Direct Line, that I was intending to change from 15" wheels to 16". Expecting the usual "That'll cost you £!!! extra I was pleasantly surprised to be told that it would be noted on their system & there would be no extra charge - Ha! not even an Admin charge!

Having read a thread last week on the charges some guys were being expected to stump up for various items by companies such as Priviledge (is this the right spelling?), I expected some of the same.

Maybe some insurance companies aren't all that bad after all.

Den
Old 21 March 2001, 09:37 PM
evo5uk
Scooby Regular

I thought Direct Line and Privelage are one company now?? I was quoted an extra £70 to upgrade from 16" to 17" through direct line!!! Ive been done!!
Old 22 March 2001, 09:01 AM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I had to pay something like £60-70 to put 17" on my scooby with Direct line, and that was only for the second half of my policy
Old 22 March 2001, 01:45 PM
ScoobySnack
Scooby Regular

Used to own a TVR, broker is A Manning in Henley, insured with Independent. Then swapped to Scooby.

Just got hold of 17inch P1 wheels to replace my 16inch and guess what, just noted on the policy no extra money.....

So some insurers are human and understood customer satisfaction...

J
Old 24 March 2001, 10:57 PM
Rebecca
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by evo5uk:
<B>I thought Direct Line and Privelage are one company now?? I was quoted an extra £70 to upgrade from 16" to 17" through direct line!!! Ive been done!![/quote]

they are ... or if you ring Privilege after having rung Direct Line ... they'll tell you they're "sister" companies ....