Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windscreen

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2001, 05:24 PM
Doc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

If you make a windscreen claim on your insurance does it affect your renewal premium? If so what is the likely loading?

Mine hasn't broken but with the number of stones that seem to hit it it can't be long
Old 27 April 2001, 06:26 PM
Jerry*
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi Doc,

Shouldn't make any difference to your renewal premium. If you have windscreen cover under your policy (which I would assume you would have) and claim for a new one, providing you use a windscreen company that your insurers approves all you will have to do is pay the excess (about £50 or £60) and your insurance company will pay the rest. Windscreen claims don't affect your no-claims bonus (though I would check with your insurer 1st - it wouldn't surprise me me if some of these sh1tty insurers out there offering silly premiums did something like that !!).

Unless you make loads of claims for windscreens in quick succession most insurers don't even bother about a windscreen claim on your record !!

Hope this clears things up !!

Cheers,

John - Schofield Insurance Brokers.

p.s. By the way, when they say "loose road chippings - 20 MPH" slow down !!! heh heh !