Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jokers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2001, 10:27 PM
Avi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Getting a little bored of the Boy racer Life with my Golf GTI, untill I'm settled in the new Job, I thought I'd get a Sport or 2.0GL.

Saw a nice clean 1.8gl, I reckon i can do with that for a few months... phoned up for a quote (Changing over from a Golf GTI).. Sorry Sir.. we can't insure you on a performance vehicle.. OK, I'm only 20.. but <B>Performance??</B> 110BHP of Pure Power. I made them double check and even checked the insurance group with them.

Anyway.. 2 days Later.. seen a Nice Black 94 2.0GL, nice price, phone up for a quote... Fine sir.. No change in premium either.. How the f**k do they decide that i can't be insured on a 1.8 because it's a performance vehicle.. then give me a quote on a 2.0 2 days later... Surely they must have some record of the quotes i got off them aswell??

Jokers - Glad I got that off my back..

<I><B>Andy A</I></B>

This is probably of no interest to most of you, but it really wound me up!!

Old 28 June 2001, 08:49 AM
ed the dead
Scooby Regular

They must be jokers coz that story made me laugh......
Old 30 June 2001, 11:06 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Sounds about right for the black art of insurance, particularly with young people. My policy would not allow me to change from a jap spec car to a uk car because they said rates had changed (since I took out the policy) as so apart from the car I was already driving I wouldn't be able to swap my car for any in group 16 or higher...

Grrrr

Jon