Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insuring a Second Car

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2006, 04:18 PM
Father Jack Hackett
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insuring a Second Car

Hi,

I have a scooby, insured via Greenlight, who are very good. I have 5+yrs NCB, no accidents/claims but <cough> a few speeding convictions, as does the Wife .

Looking to slow down a little before I lose the license altogether, and needing to transport two large dogs around, I have bought a Volvo V70 . Fortunately I am keeping the Scooby . So need the NCB for that.

So I have no NCB, a bunch of speeding convictions. The quotes I am getting, via confused.com and others, are close to £2k for the Volvo.

Greenlight don't want to know. Can anyone recommend a good company that might either offer me a good deal on insurance for the Volvo, or better still someone who can do me a deal on both?

Cheers,

David
Old 04 April 2006, 04:53 PM
swtmerce
Scooby Regular

I have two cars insured via Direct Line and so I get a discount as a benefit.
Old 05 April 2006, 12:58 PM
Father Jack Hackett
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Many thanks to Gary at Keith Michaels who got back to me quickly and got me the insurance for £600! That's about £1000 less than my lowest quote through confused.com. It certainly pays to shop around! Thanks Gary .

Thanks also to Barry at Greenlight, for getting back to me quickly and for at least trying to quote where Greenlight had previously passed.
Old 05 April 2006, 07:18 PM
Gary@KeithMichaels
Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Father Jack Hackett
Many thanks to Gary at Keith Michaels who got back to me quickly and got me the insurance for £600! That's about £1000 less than my lowest quote through confused.com. It certainly pays to shop around! Thanks Gary .

Thanks also to Barry at Greenlight, for getting back to me quickly and for at least trying to quote where Greenlight had previously passed.
Was pleased to help.

The quotes you had elsewhere did seem very expensive, glad we could insure it at a sensible price.

Gary