Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance for EU import WRX

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2006, 11:31 PM
hugh_jazz
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance for EU import WRX

Hi all,

First post on the board.

I've just ordered a new 2006 2.5L WRX Sportswagon...which I pick up in a couple of weeks. It's an EU import bought through Motorpoint.co.uk....but is almost identical to UK spec - minus alarm, locking nuts and a couple of other bits. Total cost £17300...including CAT1 alarm and tracker to be fitted by dealer.

Anyway, just wanting some advice on insurance. My best quote so far is from Tescos.....£688 w/protected NCD. I'm 29, been driving since 17, got 9yrs NCD. Elephant wouldnt even quote for my imported model, and Norwich Union quoted me unhappy...£1200ish.

If anyone has suggestions for insurers that might beat Tesco, I'd love to hear from you!!

Thanks,
Neil
Old 05 April 2006, 11:47 PM
Gary@KeithMichaels
Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by hugh_jazz
Hi all,

First post on the board.

I've just ordered a new 2006 2.5L WRX Sportswagon...which I pick up in a couple of weeks. It's an EU import bought through Motorpoint.co.uk....but is almost identical to UK spec - minus alarm, locking nuts and a couple of other bits. Total cost £17300...including CAT1 alarm and tracker to be fitted by dealer.

Anyway, just wanting some advice on insurance. My best quote so far is from Tescos.....£688 w/protected NCD. I'm 29, been driving since 17, got 9yrs NCD. Elephant wouldnt even quote for my imported model, and Norwich Union quoted me unhappy...£1200ish.

If anyone has suggestions for insurers that might beat Tesco, I'd love to hear from you!!

Thanks,
Neil
Can try the main 3 on here, Keith Michaels, Greenlight, and A Plan, but the quote you have already had sounds pretty good anyway TBH
Old 11 April 2006, 07:42 PM
motormalt
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by hugh_jazz
Hi all,

First post on the board.

Thanks,
Neil
www.confused.com

i am sure the wrx wagen goes for £15999+£200(the sedan WRX IS A BETTER BUY @ £14499) dvla e.t.c on motorpoint how come you spent almost £2000 extra? surly tracker and alarm cat 1 does not cost that much?
Old 11 April 2006, 08:48 PM
maclean2
Scooby Regular

Hi - try www.skyinsurance.co.uk and ask for their Japanese imports team

HTH
Old 11 April 2006, 10:46 PM
motormalt
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by maclean2
Hi - try www.skyinsurance.co.uk and ask for their Japanese imports team]

HTH
The car he wants a quote on is a UK car (technically) that was properly imported from turkey or Malta (both EU states before any Subaru uk employees start mouthing off scare stories about them being non european therefore liable to explode if you drive over a pot hole!)

motor point do not sell Japanese (or grey in that case) imports!

It is illegal for insures to discriminate against EU sourced cars as long as it has a thatcham approved category 1 alarm and/or tracker DEPENDING on what insurer you use.
They ARE allowed to discriminate on other things such as age, being male or female(don't get me started on transgenders...), location and so on...