Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I declare colour coding?

Search this Thread

Old 05 November 2001, 10:00 PM
msp1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As the title suggests I've had my car colour coded. Do I tell my insurance company and how much is it likely to put up my premium?

Mike
Old 05 November 2001, 10:22 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Good question that mate!
I'm gettin my MY01 skirts colour coded this week.I don't think the insurance company will need to know that you're getting coding done though! (My insurance company - Directline,when i spoke to them last week told me that if i were to change my lights then there'd be no increase in premium so a little bit of colour coding shouldn't need to be notified!)
Perhaps,others can share their experiences?

Cheers,

Nick..
Old 06 November 2001, 05:08 PM
msp1
Scooby Regular

Rang my insurance company today and told them about the colour coding. No additional charge. Told them I wanted to fit a ss backbox. They said if it increased the performance of the vehicle they would not allow it. Opinions please.
Old 09 November 2001, 07:23 PM
NBW
Scooby Regular

Angry

Declare everything, and make sure they put it in writing back to you, otherwise they'll screw you when you need to claim.
Old 11 November 2001, 08:40 PM
boultsy
Scooby Regular

Sorry NBW but how the hell could colour coding effect an insurance claim?
Old 11 November 2001, 08:54 PM
M_D_B
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

They could say that it makes the car more attractive to theives .
Remember, they're in business to make money, if they can avoid paying out for any reason, they will. Tell them everything, I even checked before I got side protection stips and headlamp protectors fitted.
Martin.
Old 12 November 2001, 08:25 PM
T-Tree
Scooby Regular

Wink

AXA would not insure me as my car had been colour coded (no other mods) Some others wanted additional money and some just said fine ... so it ended up not costing me any extra. (insured with Elephant.co.uk) ... ceratinly declare it ... but I wouldn't accept an additional charge for it.

Tim
Old 13 November 2001, 09:23 AM
evo5uk
Scooby Regular

Phoned up my insurers 'Tescos' and they said no increase in premium for colour coding, morrette headlamp & Scoobysport spoiler. Excellent!!!
Old 13 November 2001, 12:24 PM
NM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

MSP

Tell the insurance company that it will not increase you BHP its just cos the old one failed on noise / emissions. Also the replacement one was cheaper than an original Subaru unit. The reason your going for the cheaper option is because they want so much for the bloody insurance.
You could always go through the rolling road section find two outputs, send it to them and claim the lower output figure is with the new box .

Colour coding, say it was standard and supplied like that by the manufacturer. I am with DL and they said my prodrive front/rear spoilers, colour coding, quick shift and lowered suspension was ok as it was originally supplied like it to the first owner. No extra charge .

As with the likes of spoilers, its not a spoiler its a brake light support unit .

Cheers

Neal