Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One big problem advice appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2006, 08:30 PM
p@ul
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One big problem advice appreciated

Hi guys
As you can see i have a slight problem
I rang up rac tracker about 2 weeks ago to change details/subscribe on my sti 8
As insurance asked for it,now they took my details old plate reg and new as ive put a private plate on
Also took my vin/chassis number and card details so i could pay etc
They confirmed payment and said the tracker is now active andi would receive confirmation letter for my insurance company within 2 weeks
I rang the insurance company sorted out the new policy and told them the info would be with them shortly
Now 2 weeks on tonight i get a call from rac tracker saying there having trouble as ive changed plates etc so i gave them all the infomation yet again and they say sorry sir your car doesnt seem to be fitted with a tracker
What a feckin nightmare now i thought the 53 plate sti 8's came with trackers as standard on the uk models am i wrong and also whats my line of action

1.my insurance are wiating for the documents (which thanks to rac are no longer coming)
2.how do i stand with my insurance company as to no tracker or refund
3.Yet another 600 odd quid toi get one fitted (which really pee's me off)
Who's at fault here
Old 18 October 2006, 09:51 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by p@ul
Hi guys
As you can see i have a slight problem
I rang up rac tracker about 2 weeks ago to change details/subscribe on my sti 8
As insurance asked for it,now they took my details old plate reg and new as ive put a private plate on
Also took my vin/chassis number and card details so i could pay etc
They confirmed payment and said the tracker is now active andi would receive confirmation letter for my insurance company within 2 weeks
I rang the insurance company sorted out the new policy and told them the info would be with them shortly
Now 2 weeks on tonight i get a call from rac tracker saying there having trouble as ive changed plates etc so i gave them all the infomation yet again and they say sorry sir your car doesnt seem to be fitted with a tracker
What a feckin nightmare now i thought the 53 plate sti 8's came with trackers as standard on the uk models am i wrong and also whats my line of action

1.my insurance are wiating for the documents (which thanks to rac are no longer coming)
2.how do i stand with my insurance company as to no tracker or refund
3.Yet another 600 odd quid toi get one fitted (which really pee's me off)
Who's at fault here
Yep my 53 plate STI type UK (STI 8) has the RAC Trackstar as standard. I've just renewed my subscription for the 3rd time, and I havn't been told that it doesn't have a tracker on it. Maybe because the plate you have has no details, that they are making the assumption it has no Tracker fitted. I take it you don't have you're installation certificate when you bought the car?
In terms of you're insurance. I know mine (A-Plan) states that if I don't have a tracker then part of the insurance I have isn't valid (If the car is stolen). But it depends on you're insurance comapny what they outline in their policy with you.

If you do need a tracker then you can get cheaper than £600. I only paid £400 fitted and sunscription for a Tracker monitor on my old MY00 UK Turbo.
Old 18 October 2006, 09:58 PM
p@ul
Scooby Regular

Im with A plan now m8 cos the cars heavily modified and yes they state im not covered for theft till the subscription receipt is with them but i gave rac my old reg number my new reg number and my vin number when i changed the details with them to mine and they said the money has cleared and your tracker is activated as of now,i then ring my insurance up tell them its been activated and they should have there receipt within 2 weeks which covered me on that score but 2 weeks later tracker ring me back asking for the same details i gave them the first time and say from your vin it is showing no tracker on that vehicle,Why did they not bring that up on the first vin check to save me all this greif and why would it not have one fitted as they are factory fit on the sti 8 type uk
Problem | UK New Car Research
As shown here
Old 18 October 2006, 10:58 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

9 months on and I'm still waiting for Trackstar to send me the paperwork to renew subscription. If it arrives don't think I'll bother..........
Old 19 October 2006, 09:38 AM
Pete The Biker
Scooby Regular

Can you get Subaru to write to confirm that the Tracker was fitted to that car?

Pete
Old 19 October 2006, 06:39 PM
boardracer
Scooby Regular

Are you sure it is a UK car?
Old 19 October 2006, 08:04 PM
p@ul
Scooby Regular

Been confirmed all uk sti's 2003 onwards are fitted with rac trackstar
Ringing them tomorrow as ive only just got in from work