Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need insurance or will have to sell ! Help PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2006, 06:20 PM
donny_daz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need insurance or will have to sell ! Help PLEASE

The situation!

I did have 5 years no claims on my 52 plate wrx which i then crashed . This car was then sold to fund my first house, after 7 weeks in the house a wanted a scoob back so ive been out and spent £3000 on a very nice T plate uk saloon (bargain).

My options are for me to insure the car in jan next year when i will be 24 and have the 3 years no claims, no points on a standard car or for my girlfreind to do so and name me on the polocy.
She is 23 with 4 years no claims, no crashes or points .

The thing is im getting stupid quotes of £1800 to £2500 on internet when everyone else seems to paying less than 1k. ANy help would be great as im not paying 2k and the car will have to go. Thought women could get it cheap!

Thanx sorry for the long moan !
Old 09 November 2006, 09:18 AM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Daz,

These days, most Insurers are alert & astute enough to spot where parents/partners are looking to cover vehicles for which the "named" driver represents the real risk.

This then means they rate upon the "highest" risk upon the policy - thus what seems to be a high quote for a female proposer.

I know it will be higher in the short term due to your fault claim, but you would be better off covering the vehicle in your name rather than looking for ways around this.

Another point worthy of consideration would be that should you cover the vehicle in someone elses name, there is a shelf life for NCB and if your own NCB becomes over 2 years old your NCB will have expired and you will have lost the accrued bonus.

Not great news I know, but I hope this is of some use to you.

Kind regards

Tony
Old 09 November 2006, 08:56 PM
thehype22
Scooby Newbie

Hi, check Lloyds TSB car insurance. im 23 now but had my scoob when i was 22 with full P1 body kit and full exhaust system etc.. mods running me 300 bhp. I pay £900 fully comp with every thing declared with 6 points on my licence and my no claims protected which adds about £150 to my policy
Old 09 November 2006, 10:56 PM
donny_daz
Scooby Regular

wont touch my girl freind who is only 22 but with more no claims bonus. £841 for me tpft. Great stuff cheers mate!