Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

20yrs old....uk turbo unsurance

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2007, 11:05 PM
chazzy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20yrs old....uk turbo unsurance

Hi peeps..got my eye on a uk turbo in replacement for my corsa c 1.8 sri

however not having much luck on the insurance front!

well kinda...cheapest i can get is £2300 with zenith..i have 1 yrs ncb and been driving 3 years
is that the best im gonna get? was hoping to get it under the £2000 mark

not sure if i wanna do the age old trick of going on old mans insurance plus like to keep my no claims up!

anyone got any links to other insurers who may possibly beat that?!
Old 12 July 2007, 11:22 PM
simonbb1328
Scooby Regular

not having much look myself... iv posted a couple down
Old 12 July 2007, 11:37 PM
chazzy
Scooby Regular

being under 21 doesnt help! tempted to insure under dads name until im 21 then insure in my own name..!!

is £2300 excessive? in dads name its £1500
Old 13 July 2007, 07:10 AM
gaz_wrx
Scooby Newbie

I was 23 when I got my first Impreza, Imported STI. My first policy was £2700!!!!

One thing I would advise is, do your advanced driving test, then try elephant. It knocked it down quite a chunk...!!!
Old 13 July 2007, 10:24 AM
Godden87
Scooby Regular

Im 20, got 2yrs ncb, been driving 2.5 years and i've got a 96 WRX import, 330bhp, all mods declared with Endleigh and mine is 1700 on my own policy! It took ages trying to find a resonable quote but belive you me it was well worth it and is definatly worth every penny!
Old 13 July 2007, 09:05 PM
HUDDERS1
Scooby Regular

trackers can bring your insurance down it halft mine
Old 14 July 2007, 12:24 AM
totalllama
Scooby Regular

im 24 - nearly 25 with 3yrs NCB (so a little further on than you guys). My quote for next year is now £840 for me and the mrs. Note: putting a female on your policy no matter of age brings price down drastically.

my mrs is 25 with 2 years experience (im 8 yrs nearly) of driving and lowers the quote £300 quid - work that one out!

Trending Topics

Old 15 July 2007, 06:20 PM
don-scoob
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,

I bought a uk turbo when i was 20 and paid £800! that was through norwich union - same as you at the time (only 1 year NCB). When you call they'll prob give you the usual story about having to be 25 or something to drive the car.. Just argue a little and ask if they can check / have a word with the supervisor there. Thats what i did and was pretty pleased in the end! Cheapest turbo to insure at 20 is a early UK model.. Dont tell em about any mods (if it has them) and insure it 3rd party fire and theft, which ya can do if its under 5k. Just so happens am selling mine to

https://www.scoobynet.com/private-sa...2000-sale.html

D.
Old 16 July 2007, 07:04 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by don-scoob
Hi mate,

I bought a uk turbo when i was 20 and paid £800! that was through norwich union - same as you at the time (only 1 year NCB). When you call they'll prob give you the usual story about having to be 25 or something to drive the car.. Just argue a little and ask if they can check / have a word with the supervisor there. Thats what i did and was pretty pleased in the end! Cheapest turbo to insure at 20 is a early UK model.. Dont tell em about any mods (if it has them) and insure it 3rd party fire and theft, which ya can do if its under 5k. Just so happens am selling mine to

D.
Why would you not tell them about the mods? Not declaring them voids your insurance!!!!!! not declaring them might reduce your insurance but have a claim and it's goodbye policy and im sure the police would be interested for possibly driving without insurance.
Old 16 July 2007, 09:02 PM
Spyd
Scooby Regular

chazzy baby! try endsleigh, i'm paying £1800 and i'm 21 years old.
Old 17 July 2007, 10:42 AM
AndyWalker
Scooby Regular

endsleigh for me too - was 20 when i took my policy out
Old 17 July 2007, 01:17 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DannyBoy007
Why would you not tell them about the mods? Not declaring them voids your insurance!!!!!! not declaring them might reduce your insurance but have a claim and it's goodbye policy and im sure the police would be interested for possibly driving without insurance.
Ditto, declare the mods, dont lie to the insurance companies.
Old 17 July 2007, 01:35 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

The amount of ignorance on this thread just shows that most are not mature enough to own an Impreza, full stop.

1) It is illegal not to declare any modifications
2) It is illegal to insure a car in a parents name if you intend on being the main driver.
3) Having a tracker WILL NOT halve your premium. Tracker are owned by tesco's, so now work out why they insist on you having one fitted!
4) You can't just 'take' an advanced driving test. There's quite a bit of training involved, which will probably cost more than what you would save on your premium.
Old 18 July 2007, 04:29 PM
Bodgit
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
The amount of ignorance on this thread just shows that most are not mature enough to own an Impreza, full stop.

1) It is illegal not to declare any modifications
2) It is illegal to insure a car in a parents name if you intend on being the main driver.
3) Having a tracker WILL NOT halve your premium. Tracker are owned by tesco's, so now work out why they insist on you having one fitted!
4) You can't just 'take' an advanced driving test. There's quite a bit of training involved, which will probably cost more than what you would save on your premium.
Totally Agree, and dont think insurance wont refuse to payout as they will refuse and you will be out of pocket. A colleague of mine has just had his motorbike stolen, he did not realise it was supposed to be garaged between 10pm and 6am. Not indicated on the paperwork etc. And they have refused payment. If they refuse things like this they will definately look to not pay a young driver in a scooby.
Old 18 July 2007, 05:02 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,

D.
what an absolutely idiotic thing to say

1. you do realise that if your insurers dont know about modifications, then its viod. then your basically breaking the law, as you have no insurance while on public roads.
2. ok you insure your car 3rd party f&t. then when you bin it trying to show off down mcdonalds, you wont get a penny back.
3. 20 paying £800, my ****. unless you live within the confinds of an old peoples home, with a zero crime rate, no one would insure you for that much even tp f&t.

rant over
Old 18 July 2007, 08:41 PM
don-scoob
Scooby Regular

Points taken.. god wish i never said it now! jeez.. I bet theres loads of people (more than half atleast) on here that havent claimed mods or atleast not all of them.. maybe some of them, but theres usually something, even if it is just something small. I've claimed everything on my new car and its insured fully comp. if your insured third party fire n theft and have a bump, your **** outta luck anyway.. might seem like an immature thing to say but its true. If the car is only worth 3k a lot of people wont bother to insure it fully comp coz quite often the case, especially for those under 25 its double the price..

Chocolate brian...

I guarantee i was 20 when i bought the car and i give you my word i was only paying 800 3rd party fire and theft... I started off with a sport at 19 then upgraded to the turbo and if you dont believe me then you obviously have nothing better to do with your time..

"rant" over... even tho i wasnt ranting
Old 18 July 2007, 11:17 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

i bet you didnt tell them it had a turbo on it
Old 19 July 2007, 07:09 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Points taken.. god wish i never said it now! jeez.. I bet theres loads of people (more than half atleast) on here that havent claimed mods or atleast not all of them.. maybe some of them, but theres usually something, even if it is just something small. I've claimed everything on my new car and its insured fully comp. if your insured third party fire n theft and have a bump, your **** outta luck anyway.. might seem like an immature thing to say but its true. If the car is only worth 3k a lot of people wont bother to insure it fully comp coz quite often the case, especially for those under 25 its double the price..

Chocolate brian...

I guarantee i was 20 when i bought the car and i give you my word i was only paying 800 3rd party fire and theft... I started off with a sport at 19 then upgraded to the turbo and if you dont believe me then you obviously have nothing better to do with your time..

"rant" over... even tho i wasnt ranting
chocolate_o_brian if you please.

give me your word if you want, i still dont believe you payed £800 tp f&t on a uk scoob aged 20. even if you didnt declare any mods, the car was a knackered 94 version worth £2000. still dont believe you.

simple point... if you cant afford to insure a subaru fully comp mods declared etc, you shouldnt be buying one.

as far as "half on here" not delaring mods. no offence fella, this isnt the maxpower forum. people on here, of all ages, are generally clever enough to declare everything, as many insurance brokers etc visit these pages, along with policeman etc etc, so be a bit of a stoopid thing to do, dont you think.

considering your a newbie, il let you off this time.
Old 19 July 2007, 08:59 AM
don-scoob
Scooby Regular

They did know it was a turbo actually

I was just as surprised as you and everyone else when they quoted me that.. but am tellin ya that is the case... I wouldn’t and why would I lie about it? I might be a newbie to the forum (even though i do come on and browse the pages all the time, just havent posted much) but i now own my 3rd subaru.. (1 year owning a sport and 2 the turbo, 2 weeks with new one ) which like i said is fully comp with all mods declared. Im a responsible driver - never had an accident and dont have a single point on my license, im not the immature max power Burberry clad ned your making me out to be. I'll have ya know i've not bought max power since i was about 13... 10 yrs ago! Have no interest in it at all. If a young driver wants a subaru and is keen on subarus but can only afford to buy one at 2 or 3k and insure it third party then go for it i say... Nothing wrong with that. Not everybody can afford (and what is the point) in paying 1500 or 1600 quid to insure it fully comp when you only paid 2k for it in the first place????

Anyhoo i didn’t join this forum to be told its not a max power forum... Nor did i join to argue or have threads like this, its quite annoying how some people instantly put you in the max power/chav/idiot spot light though just because your young and at some point insured a car third party fire n theft.. I joined this forum because im a subaru enthusiast and wanted to meet with like minded people, not anyone that’s up their own **** as a couple seem to be... - not aimed at anyone!.

I don’t wanna fall out with anyone or leave this on a bad note... so peace and happy subaru driving and ownership to all
Old 19 July 2007, 09:23 AM
Steptoe
Scooby Regular

Just wondered why a few people on here think endsleigh are good.Last year was paying £900 fully comp,3 points,no claims and 7 years n.c.b,and my missus(24,5 years driving,no n.c.b).renewal came other week....£1600!!!!!!
Got on phone,basically told em to shove their policy.
Now with e-car,£514 fully comp.
Endsleigh suck,they give you a decent initial quote,then hike it up a year on.
Ive had problems with this lot before and i know i should've known better but at the time gave me the most reasonable quote.
Oh,and i drive a standard turbo 2000,s reg.
Old 19 July 2007, 09:48 AM
terence
Scooby Regular

Try E Car insurance, they are the cheapest for me and have given me a top service so far!

They also gave me a years no-claims after 8 months as I paid a bit extra to be on there Pay-As-You-Go scheme

eCar Insurance - Get a low cost car insurance quote from eCar Insurance
Old 19 July 2007, 11:04 AM
don-scoob
Scooby Regular

A Plan are a good bunch of guys to, friendly, helpfull and know what they're talking about Give em a try if you haven't already.
Old 19 July 2007, 11:41 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

They did know it was a turbo actually

I was just as surprised as you and everyone else when they quoted me that.. but am tellin ya that is the case... I wouldn’t and why would I lie about it? I might be a newbie to the forum (even though i do come on and browse the pages all the time, just havent posted much) but i now own my 3rd subaru.. (1 year owning a sport and 2 the turbo, 2 weeks with new one ) which like i said is fully comp with all mods declared. Im a responsible driver - never had an accident and dont have a single point on my license, im not the immature max power Burberry clad ned your making me out to be. I'll have ya know i've not bought max power since i was about 13... 10 yrs ago! Have no interest in it at all. If a young driver wants a subaru and is keen on subarus but can only afford to buy one at 2 or 3k and insure it third party then go for it i say... Nothing wrong with that. Not everybody can afford (and what is the point) in paying 1500 or 1600 quid to insure it fully comp when you only paid 2k for it in the first place????

Anyhoo i didn’t join this forum to be told its not a max power forum... Nor did i join to argue or have threads like this, its quite annoying how some people instantly put you in the max power/chav/idiot spot light though just because your young and at some point insured a car third party fire n theft.. I joined this forum because im a subaru enthusiast and wanted to meet with like minded people, not anyone that’s up their own **** as a couple seem to be... - not aimed at anyone!.

I don’t wanna fall out with anyone or leave this on a bad note... so peace and happy subaru driving and ownership to all
agree to disagree, but you threw yourself into the chav/ned maxpower gang when you openly admitted and encouraged false/void insurance.

im 22 and im on my 3rd scoob too, so see where your coming from regards insurance costs.

was 21 when i passed my test last year. had a sport as my first car, killed that avoiding something in the road. replaced with a wrx import. that was well over £2k to insure, considering id been driving 2 months lol.

after the engine died on that and i had a pug diesel for 8 weeks, i got my current scoob. red uk classic. ecar cover me for £1751 fully comp. only got exhaust, bov and mudflaps thus far.

again not looking for an argument either, but your first post was a little... erm daft

case closed fella. welsome to the site.
Old 19 July 2007, 11:51 AM
don-scoob
Scooby Regular

Aye, your reply was a little OTT though but yeh.. case closed.

Back to the point.. Good luck with getting your insurance chazzy and anyone else that might be reading this and having a pain getting theirs sorted. Its all worth it in the end.
Old 19 July 2007, 11:53 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Aye, your reply was a little OTT though but yeh.. case closed.

Back to the point.. Good luck with getting your insurance chazzy and anyone else that might be reading this and having a pain getting theirs sorted. Its all worth it in the end.
now that is one thing i defo agree on. obsessive is a tame word when it comes to my car. lots of people on here are the same. why have an evo, which sounds like bike, when you can have a scoob rumbling up the neighbours with the burble from the flat four....
Old 19 July 2007, 12:02 PM
XR-Wayne
Scooby Regular

Im 23 and have a 330bhp WRX 2003, and i pay 950 quid with Aplan 3 years no claims, and i defo recomend them, Customer service is great when i needed to phone them..
Old 19 July 2007, 12:20 PM
don-scoob
Scooby Regular

yeh cant beat the burble! and excellent price wayne Def cant argue with that!
Old 19 July 2007, 02:24 PM
XR-Wayne
Scooby Regular

Defo give them a try mate.