Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A-Plan Won't Cover The WIFE!

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2007, 12:59 PM
robertdon777
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A-Plan Won't Cover The WIFE!

I'm 32 - driving since 17 no accidents - convictions etc etc. full NCB. Car Kept on Driveway - Tracker etc.

I'm fully comp with A-Plan so thought i'd put the wife on the policy as i'm on hers.

She is 25 - driving since 18 no accidents - convictions full NCB etc etc.

Answer to how much extra to put her on the policy = Can't add her to the policy!!! Not enough experience

Car: UK 2000 Turbo MY01 (Classic)

Looks like i'll be shopping around come March, as i want to keep the Subaru as its only done 40,000 miles with full SSH and would make an ideal Family car - 4 doors big boot etc.

Rob
Old 20 August 2007, 02:29 PM
BULLITT
Scooby Regular

I had this with A-Plan. When I phoned for a quote, they said they couldn't insure me on any other car third party because of my job (car dealership) I asked how could my employment dictated what cover I can have on my own private policy, they said "because people try to claim on their own insurance when at work" talk about tarring with the same brush. When I'm at work, I'm on works insurance, simple as that.

When I told them that I have permission to use my dads car and I have to drive my mums since she is now registered as disabled but sometimes is not well enough to drive so drive her, they said I couldn't because of my job, even when I said I'd pay extra for the ability to drive other vehicles they said no, end of. The Impreza is too low down for her to get in and out of.

Whats the point giving insurance if you only get half the cover, I'm now currently insurance with Keith Micheals Insurance, thanks to Gary with all of the usual features of a policy and pretty much the same price.

To be honest, I can't see the point of A-Plan insurance, nothing but excuses why they can't do things.
Old 20 August 2007, 02:43 PM
CupraDave
Scooby Regular

Cant say I have had any trouble with A Plan.
I called them up to put my wife on my policy and they said yeah sure no problem and did not add anything to my premium, didnt even charge me for admin costs.

My wife is 31 and been driving since 16, no convictions or claims, and NEVER driven a performance car before in her life

what is the company A Plan have you insured through? Mine is Marker Study
Old 20 August 2007, 02:59 PM
robertdon777
Scooby Regular

Not 100% sure i'll check my policy but i think its the same as yours.

I'll just change company come March - Just daft really as she would only use it because hers is blocked in on the drive to pop to the shops etc. Probably only cover about 500miles per year max.
Old 20 August 2007, 03:42 PM
ESH
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by robertdon777
Not 100% sure i'll check my policy but i think its the same as yours.

I'll just change company come March - Just daft really as she would only use it because hers is blocked in on the drive to pop to the shops etc. Probably only cover about 500miles per year max.
It will depend on the policy they have covered you under. It can be a real PITA too.

No way in the world my GF will be using my subaru but I have her learning on my Leon. Was with Zurich via A Plan last year and they let me cover her 6 months into the policy but come renewal time would not cover her for a whole year. Stayed with A plan but cover was moved to Norwich Union.