Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greenlight

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2008, 04:37 PM
AK02AFK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greenlight

I got a quote back in Nov and was chuffed however, insurance wasn't due to run out till now.

Rang up today for a new quote using reference number I had before.

Only difference on quote is number plate, I got a got on a car I didn't get but got same car, model and spec so all details same bar registration.

However you can't get quotes now, has to be online waited a fair while and insurance and now need to ring around.

Previously you could add other comments and last 3 years i've owned and driven Supras, Clio V6's, Merc SL55 AMG all group 20 insurance and my previous quote was good and based on this.

This section is no longer on the quotes so I fear the quote this time could well be much higher

I have my card waiting to pay just can't believe how hard it's to get a quote now and online only.

I sometimes when viewing cars will view 4-5 on a day and buy 1, with this system it would be impossible to get insured unless you got say 5 quotes prior to viewing on all cars even if just different numberplates yet same car and spec.

Surely thats shooting themselves in the foot with this method?
Old 09 January 2008, 09:45 AM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi AK,

The online application for new business enquiries came about after a succesful pilot in September/October this year.

For quite some time now the lions share of applications were being received online and in terms of efficiency we are able to reduce the time spent processing applications.

When applying for multiple quotations for numerous prospective vehicles the best option would be to apply for the most likely purchase.

You still have access to our technical sales team when making an application, they are there to provide advice or support as to how to process the online application along with managing the application.

Looking at you own personal circumstance, if a quotation has been provided for a similar UK model vehicle it is likely that the quotation given in November will not have changed dramatically. Especially as the only real change is the registration number.

Our process for updating existing quotations is intended to be straight forward, calling using the original refence provided is the way to go.

I must admit that i'm a bit bemused as to why you are finding arranging cover such a difficult process and would be happy to assess the situation for you internally.

In order to do so I'll need either your quotation reference from the original application, or your actual name & postcode to be PM'd to me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Tony