Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This year I have picked: Adrian Flux

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2008, 05:35 PM
T_H_E__c_R_O_W
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This year I have picked: Adrian Flux

Hey,

Since people are always on the look out for comparative quotes I thought I'd post up about what I got this year, so we will start with last year.

Me: 21 (22 this year), 3points SP30, 1 write-off £3000, 2 (3 years NCD this year), driving performance cars since 17

Car: MY98 UK Turbo - £3750 - no mods

Last Year:
eCar Insurance
Fully Comp + commuting + 3 named drivers (inc gf 22 held licence for only 2 years)
Premium - £1250
Excess - £500

This year everyone was wanting more off me, not a chance!, the general market was asking for £1600. After much shopping around (tried the favorets on here) I found Adrian Flux were offering good prices this year.

This Year:
Adrian Flux
Fully Comp + commuting + 3 named drivers (inc gf 22 held licence for 3 years now)
Premium - £999
Excess - £550

Not as much as I was hopping it would come down to this year, but still a small saving over last year. The service I got from AF was very good fast and professional (so far lets hope they keep it up if I ever contact them this year).

Hope you all find a good deal, i think I got the best that was out there at this time.

Last edited by T_H_E__c_R_O_W; 17 January 2008 at 03:34 PM.
Old 16 January 2008, 04:22 PM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

good but on what car- they wouldn't touch me and I'd been a customer for years with them
Old 17 January 2008, 03:33 PM
T_H_E__c_R_O_W
Scooby Regular

sorry, edited 1st post to include that detail
Old 19 January 2008, 07:35 PM
ScoobyDoo69
Scooby Senior

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Nice quote, Adrian Flux told me that I had to be 25 before they'd touch me on a turbo !
Old 20 January 2008, 06:40 PM
T_H_E__c_R_O_W
Scooby Regular

It seems to depend alot on who you get through to with them. They have told me some load of crap in the past to the point iv hung-up.

Maby they have a 25 limit on import turbos? dono why cos they only a few bhp diff. I would try them a few times see if you can get through to diff people and state that you are a member here and know that they do insure under 25's
Old 20 January 2008, 06:45 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Used Adrian Flux for my cars before the Scooby, 2 Punto Turbos. there were the best deals araound for me, but they wouldn't insure me on the Scoob's.

My latest quote for the Scoob's is from eCar, its half the price of anyone else. What do yuou think of them?
Old 23 January 2008, 10:47 PM
T_H_E__c_R_O_W
Scooby Regular

used them last year. I like the fact that you can add any driver for £15 a year, also like the fact you make your own changes and they dont charge you for it (unlike every other insurance co who rip you off "yes that will be £18 for me to change your details that dont change the insurance")

Never made any claims with them so dont know about that side of things.

I would say go for it.
Old 25 January 2008, 09:12 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T_H_E__c_R_O_W
used them last year. I like the fact that you can add any driver for £15 a year, also like the fact you make your own changes and they dont charge you for it (unlike every other insurance co who rip you off "yes that will be £18 for me to change your details that dont change the insurance")

Never made any claims with them so dont know about that side of things.

I would say go for it.
definately. ive been with ecar since dec 06. they save a lot of money as theyre internet only, so no ringing up to get a quote. sites easy enought to use. pass savings onto us, which is why i went with them.

had to put in two non fault claims last year totalling nearly 3k of costs to recover from other parties. insurance still went down 500 this year lol.
Old 06 February 2008, 05:28 PM
Eternal Rage
Scooby Regular

I was with Adrian Flux for 2 years now with my Seat Leon. I am 25 with a rather less than perfect license, but thankfully no claims. When i told them i was buying a Scoob they told me the company my exising policy is with dont insure Impreza's. Fair play, so i would have to start a new Policy, not the end of the world... except that the new policy would go up to £3600...

After laughing at the Adrian Flux rep for a few minutes i hung up and rang A-plan who immediately offered £1570... weird huh???

Gary at Keith Michaels then beat it again, now at £1100...

EDIT: And as for 'ecar', may be brilliant for some, but my quote for exactly the same details came out at £7300, PMSL!!!