Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice sought on claiming from 3rd party

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2008, 04:17 PM
Andy916
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice sought on claiming from 3rd party

Background: insured TPFT with Highway through Keith Michaels. Had a crash on 1 May on an unclassified road where another driver pulled out of a side-turning into my path. Currently trying to get things moving re claiming off the 3rd party's insurance for damage to my scoob, but am far from reassured by the phone calls so far.

Here's the saga so far; can anyone offer advice please?

1. Phoned KM claims line, which re-directs me to WynAssist (not sure of spelling).
2. WynAssist give me the choice of getting a repair quote myself, which I did and faxed it to them as instructed.
3. WynAssist now tell me they can't help because I'm TPFT and they have the accident recorded as a fault claim (incorrectly). Instructed to get back to Highway to change the status of the claim
4. Re-tell the story to Highway, who now have it classified as a no-fault accident, and refer me to an accident management company, HelpHire.
5. HelpHire (once I chase them up and they eventually find my details) tell me they provide a hirecar and arrange repairs, to be charged to the 3rd party. Currently waiting for their callback.

So, after more than a week things may or may not be going in right direction. But I don't want to accept a hirecar in case I end up being liable for it (presume that would happen if there was a problem claiming from 3rd party). Also, my quote for repairs comes to more than the car's market value, so I presume it'll be written off. I've not been sent or told about a claims form by anyone yet - surely the insurance company should be sending this and using it to establish blame? Really frustrating not knowing what's happening behind the scenes, having never been through the insurance process before (in 27 yrs of driving).

Andy
Old 24 May 2008, 04:03 PM
stuart2088
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The insurance company wont send a claim form as you have no claim to make being only third party.

So any claim you make will be directly against the third party involved.

Whether you do this yourself by instructing a solicitor or rely on a Claims Management Company is your choice.

Personally id be sceptical of the promises these companies make.

I assume you have witnesses/ independent evidence to support your claim as very often what appears to be a straight forward case goes bandit and people change their stories and it ends up knock for knock.

Hence the benefit of comprehensive insurance.

Good luck anyway.