Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUM...are you quoting on the MY02 WRX's?

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2002, 10:30 PM
WRXBOB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi mate...did you have a good holiday? AND your getting a new STi7 ! What a life you have!

Right, back to business...

Before you went away you posted that you were stopping quoting for UK cars. Does that include the Euro import WRX's?

Getting mine for March 1st and still not got insurance sorted.

I DONT have a garage, it will be parked down my drive behind locked gates, sandwiched between my bricks 'n' mortar on one side and the neighbours brick garage on the other side. Will be fitting 2mtr high solid gates so car is not visible from the road. If I put a roof over it maybe I could call it a garage?

Only just had my drive block paved, wish I'd had a rhino post installed before I had it done...doh!
Don't suppose you know where I can get them from to install myself? Would be able to fit it as good as, if not better than a "professional" !

Will you be able to quote?

NOT JUST after a cheap quote, dont mind paying extra for quality of service...

If you could let me know either way...

Cheers

BOB

Better to waste 30seconds of your time on here than 15mins longer at the office!

[Edited by WRXBOB - 2/20/2002 10:32:17 PM]
Old 20 February 2002, 11:04 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Hi Bob,

Seem to be stalking each other around the board this eve!

As you know, we're taking delivery about the same time. A couple of weeks ago, I went through the same hoops. Tried Direct Line, our existing insurers. They quoted almost £800 for a 39 year old, with full NCD, protected, garaged, Cat 1 and Tracker, plus 33 yo wife.

Tesco offered about £650, but didn't seem to understand that a MY01/02 WRX is a turbo! I'm sure they are still convinced that they quoted me for a GX. So, as you say, my conclusion was that it was safer to go for quality not value. Rum's colleague knew everything there is to know about Imprezas, but quoted over £1100, via Norwich Union.

So, I was resigned to reverting to Direct Line, till I spotted Chris Knott's number in the Insurance Forum. Tried them, and they came back with £590, including protected NCD, organised through Wren, underwritten at Lloyds. They don't look at youngsters, Japanese imports or modified cars - I know you're not in the latter two categories anyway.... Phone number is 0800 917 2274.

Cheers, Harry.
Old 20 February 2002, 11:10 PM
WRXBOB
Scooby Regular

Harry,we must stop meeting like this...people are beginning to talk

Have got Chris Knott on my list for phoning tomorrow,cheers.

Would still like a quote from Schofields, but dont like to waste peoples time if I can help it..

Cheers

BOB
Old 20 February 2002, 11:14 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

No probs Bob - gotta do some real work now... (nipping off to write to Autocar about MY02 import service intervals, already spoken to Car Import Guide and Driven!).

Cheers, Harry.
Old 21 February 2002, 07:05 AM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

WRXBOB,

Unfortunately as stated above really...we need Garaging and Tracking in order to gets a rate that is competitive....sorry.

NU are still quoting without the above requirements...but as shown on the standard WRX they just aren't coming in with the goods...

We are working on new carriers...and as soon as we get some half decent rates I will obviously let everyone know...unfortunately it looks like for you...this will be next renewal...

In the meantime I know that Greenlight and Chris Knott have some excellent rates...

Sorry that we have not been able to assist this time...

All the best and thanks for asking

Tom

P.S. As everyone knows we are always happy to chat Scoobs...just not always able to provide a competitive edge
Old 21 February 2002, 09:27 AM
WRXBOB
Scooby Regular

Thanx anyway Tom

BTW it WILL have the RAC Trackstar fitted, just not garaged.

Cheers

BOB