Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poor Show from Keith Michaels

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 2009, 10:19 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Poor Show from Keith Michaels

Well to cut a long story short and to give a brief account of my experiance:

Seems like Gary is the only one who actually cares about us customers and is not intended at him.

Phoned first thing this morning to see if they can quote me on a used car i am getting hopefully on Sat( RS4) as i have my current car with them.

Was told Gary was off and not well, so i waited to speak to someone else, then it seems like i get cut off so phone back and then told to leave a messsage on Garys answermachine and someone will DEFINATELY get back to me today, let a few hours go past and then told to hang on the line again, guess what left on hold for 10-15 mis, hang up phone again and by this time someone is getting stroppy telling me that they are busy, i then put the phone down and take a breath.

Phone back up about half 4 and speak to some girl who again wants to fob me off until i tell her i am phoning to cancel,yes you guessed it, intrested at last.

I then tell her my story and she says ok, cancel it then, need it in writing etc in a real stroppy voice.

So, Sorry Gary but you have lost my buisness because of your poor work colleages(sp), i am now sending a letter tommorow to cancel my insurance and will enclose my cert as well as i was curtly told.

I will also require my No claims bonus cert as well, hopefully that will all go smoothly.

Again, i dont blame Gary as he has been nothing but proffesional to myself but i will not be treated in that way.

Moral of the story really, if you are expecting a service within a day dont call them.

Policy No is:7010525831

Mac

Last edited by bluenosewrx; 07 December 2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07 December 2009, 11:07 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to admit after a few dealings with other people in the same office if gary isnt there I wont ring until he is there. dont give up mate, just only deal with gary I only ever ring his private number if he dont answer or your told hes not there ring back when he is.
Old 07 December 2009, 11:36 PM
Andis
Scooby Regular

I am sorry to say I didnt get on any better.

Despite not getting anywhere most other years I decided to give them one more try last week.

I called Gary to get a quote but was hung up on by another member of staff. I called back, was put on hold for 8 minutes by another member of staff, and then hung up on again.

I pm'd Gary on here and he got back to me promplty, informed me he was ill and arranged to call me. He got back to me again today to let me know he hadn't forgotten me and would call me Tomorrow. Much appreciated.

Problem was I had to get the car covered today so I had one more go at getting a quote from another member of staff. I got hold of a woman, explained I wanted immediate cover (big buying signal!) and she promised me one of Gary's team, Patrick, would call me for certain asap. The call never came.

I went back to Chris at A-plan again. Friendly, competitive and sorted in minutes.

As you say I cannot fault Gary but the other staff have proved useless without exception.

I vary rarely moan but I did the same job in car insurance for 12 years and would have been instantly commissionless and soon after sacked for such a sh*t level of customer service.
Old 08 December 2009, 12:06 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Only speak to Gary is the moral of this story even though he can be hard to track down.

TX.
Old 08 December 2009, 12:52 AM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
Only speak to Gary is the moral of this story even though he can be hard to track down.

TX.
Not having a crack at you mate - just quoting yours as the last to say only deal with Gary ...

To be in the situation that you can only rely on one guy in the whole insurance company is pi$$ poor. Makes you start asking the "what if" questions should the worst happen. I appreciate Gary is a busy guy .... in fact by the sounds of things he pretty much single-handedly carries half the bloomin company he works for ... but when you get into paying the sorts of premiums we do for our cars, frankly you expect a better service. I managed to get a quote from Gary (it took me a few days to get hold of him), he seemed like a decent guy from the little I spoke to him and it was what I believe to be a pretty good quote given the mods on my car but I have to be honest, I'm more inclined to take my business to a company that is gonna answer the phone when I call .... I don't expect to have to chase people to make them take my money .... perhaps I've just dated too many gold-diggers over the years and have got used to them just taking it though!

Must stress though, really ISN'T a dig at Gary .... seems to me his team is letting him down badly which is never a good situation to be in .... particularly for Gary
Old 08 December 2009, 03:25 AM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

wow, this seems so far away from the experience iv had with them.
Old 08 December 2009, 09:43 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry that other members of staff have let you down.

Will pass these comments onto the management here in the hope that something can be done.

Trending Topics

Old 08 December 2009, 10:00 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Is there a few people that don't like you (Gary) at keith Michaels?

When ever I ring to speak to gary and speak to someone else first there is always (without fail) a person making a big sigh (sp?) and puff of breath before they put me through? Plenty of different people have answered the phone but always got the same reaction!

I have to admit Keith Michaels have missed out on alot of other business because of the phones and people there. I have company vans and cars and just cant be bothered to try and get a quote because i know it will be such hard work!
Old 08 December 2009, 10:07 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon!
Is there a few people that don't like you (Gary) at keith Michaels?
Lol, i don't think that is the case.... or at least i hope not!!!

I do tend to get a LOT of phone calls, and all i can assume is they sometimes get fed up putting calls through to me.

However, that is what we are there to do, so i can't see why it would be an issue.
Old 08 December 2009, 10:20 PM
Kinni
Scooby Regular

Last year I experienced a similiar issue but persisted and due to the fact the quote was £400 less than any one else was offering excepted a few hours inconvinence and attitude I felt on the phone. (Not from Gary)

This year I was heading off to N.Ireland and Gary was off rang up and person there was really helpful to be honest and sorted everything out for me and said once Gary was back they'd send the invoice out which it was about a week later for payment I phoned and paid job done.

Then I got warnings on cancellation of policy as my signed document hadn't returned, again Gary was off (how many holidays do you get a year? ) so spoke to someone and explained it was posted etc, (this was during postal strikes) and said send me another and i'll sign it however I took a scan before posting it due to the strikes.

So e-mailed across and hey presto was sorted.

I'm not defending Keith Michaels or individuals just giving a view from my side of the story on my 3rd year with KM. I would say my experience for renewal, quotes and issues were resolved in a quick and easy manner for myself as the paying customer as i'd have expected.
Old 08 December 2009, 10:22 PM
ratboy
Scooby Regular

My advice would be,if you want Molsky to sort your quote,then get in early.
We all know(or should know) when our insurance is due to expire.
Gary is KM's gem,of that there is no doubt.
And yep,have spent a few days trying to get through to him.
But he's obviosly a busy man...most folks that are the top of their game are.
Ive delt with Molsky for 4 years now,and sometimes call for a quote on scoob/motorbike/van....and if he isnt in,i just say ill call back when he's in.
If you dont leave your insurance to the last minute you wont have the pressure of 'needing' it done.
Personly i find the best thing about dealing with Moley is not the price(although its unbeatable)...its the pleasure of talking to a friend,the completly hassel free quote and the policy arriving on my doorstep the next day.
Wont be going elsewhere no matter how many numptys i gotta get past first lol
Old 09 December 2009, 06:46 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ratboy
Personly i find the best thing about dealing with Moley is not the price(although its unbeatable)...its the pleasure of talking to a friend,the completly hassel free quote and the policy arriving on my doorstep the next day.
1000% agree had such a chat yesterday thanks mate you know why
Old 09 December 2009, 08:58 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Lol, i don't think that is the case.... or at least i hope not!!!

I do tend to get a LOT of phone calls, and all i can assume is they sometimes get fed up putting calls through to me.

However, that is what we are there to do, so i can't see why it would be an issue.

that much business for them, ask for a raise,,,,, lol
Old 09 December 2009, 06:09 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ratboy
My advice would be,if you want Molsky to sort your quote,then get in early.
We all know(or should know) when our insurance is due to expire.
Gary is KM's gem,of that there is no doubt.
And yep,have spent a few days trying to get through to him.
But he's obviosly a busy man...most folks that are the top of their game are.
Ive delt with Molsky for 4 years now,and sometimes call for a quote on scoob/motorbike/van....and if he isnt in,i just say ill call back when he's in.
If you dont leave your insurance to the last minute you wont have the pressure of 'needing' it done.
My insurance was not due to expire!!!!, this was for a new car that i was wanting a quote for and would expect someone to get back to me within 8 hrs and not me having to make 5-6 phone calls.

I have since spoken to Gary himself and i totally understand it was NOT his fault as he has been a true gent 100% of the time, i was just pointing out that some people in his company are ars*holes.

I now have his direct line and that suits me, will put some more up after weekend if all goes well.

Mac
Old 09 December 2009, 06:40 PM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

sad to say this is just the same feeling I have about Keith Micheals, if it wasn't for Gary I wouldn't both with them

Now Gary get your ars back to work and sort out my quote