Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If i was you i would steer clear of A-plan

Search this Thread

Old 26 December 2009, 10:30 AM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If i was you i would steer clear of A-plan

Well need to get the drivers side glass replaced in my 98 classic. Tryed to contact A-plan but no one there until Monday morning So contacted the glass line they dont have a glass in stock They also cant tell me when they will have one Now the only options i have are to leave the car on my drive with no glass until i can find a glass and fit myself or get the insurance to recover the car which leaves me with no car and no idea of when i get it back A-plan in my opinion are completely useless how can they expect me to leave an impreza on my drive with no glass and it be secure Why the hell am i paying them £800 a year. They was the cheapest when i renewed guess i know why now. A-plan
Old 26 December 2009, 09:29 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Be fair, they can only carry so much in stock for glass and Subarus are not the most common car.

I had to have the widscreen replaced on mine (more common than a side window) and even though its an 03 Autowindscreens still had to order it in and that's a big firm.

Understand the issue but I think having a go because they don't have a rarly needed part on the shelf is a bit harsh like.

5t.
Old 26 December 2009, 10:11 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by fivetide
Be fair, they can only carry so much in stock for glass and Subarus are not the most common car.

I had to have the widscreen replaced on mine (more common than a side window) and even though its an 03 Autowindscreens still had to order it in and that's a big firm.

Understand the issue but I think having a go because they don't have a rarly needed part on the shelf is a bit harsh like.

5t.
Same here, had to sort it myself as they didnt know their **** from the elbow, as I said at the time id dread to know how they would cope with a proper claim,
Again wont be continuing with them.
Old 26 December 2009, 11:49 PM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

5t.

I understand that the part maybe rare or not common but its the way that they handled the situation. Tonite is the second night that the car will be left with no glass add to that me with hardly any sleep. If i ran an insurance company i would at least offer a secure place to store my customers cars in a situation like this it must happen quite a lot. Add to to that i dont think a classic impreza is such a rare car and i reckon that it must be a very common car for crime due to the fact that they are so expensive to insure. Just bad service right from the start looks like im gonna have to do the work myself and just forget that i pay them £75 per month for an insurance policy that isnt worth the paper its writen on. Hope its ok tonite
Old 27 December 2009, 07:27 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by VTR steve
I understand that the part maybe rare or not common but its the way that they handled the situation. Tonite is the second night that the car will be left with no glass add to that me with hardly any sleep. If i ran an insurance company i would at least offer a secure place to store my customers cars in a situation like this it must happen quite a lot. Add to to that i dont think a classic impreza is such a rare car and i reckon that it must be a very common car for crime due to the fact that they are so expensive to insure. Just bad service right from the start looks like im gonna have to do the work myself and just forget that i pay them £75 per month for an insurance policy that isnt worth the paper its writen on. Hope its ok tonite
thought you were getting one off phil ting tong
Old 27 December 2009, 10:17 PM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

Sorted now i picked it up for him

But still ***t service from the insurance company, they come on here now and again, lets see what they say!!!
Old 28 December 2009, 05:40 PM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nick schofield
thought you were getting one off phil ting tong
Yeah did get one off Phil and what a nice guy he is

It will make the car safe for now but still need to get another one as the one i bought is a bronze tint and mine are green. Doesnt change the fact that i am paying them £700 a year and i have had to make my car safe myself and spend money myself surely thats what i pay them for regardless of the time of year. Something that is really annoying me is when i spoke to them on christmas day night they said i was about 200yards from where they are based when i was doing my bodge it to get home job and i could of left it at there secure garage great but how do i get home???

Their answer we would drop you at the local train station. Thats me and my girlfriend plus two others and an 11month old baby in sub zero temperatures on christmas day gee thanks.

Tossers

Trending Topics

Old 29 December 2009, 05:42 PM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

Well now 4 days since i reported my claim and still no closer to a resolve about £50 out of pocket now. Had lots of people saying i will call you back with no call backs

Add the £50 to the £60 excess and i could of gone to a breakers yard and got the right glass fitted it myself and been quids in

Why am i paying for insurance would be cheaper to not bother and run the risk of getting stopped

Not a happy bunny
Old 29 December 2009, 09:09 PM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by VTR steve
Why am i paying for insurance would be cheaper to not bother and run the risk of getting stopped
Amen to that brother
Old 29 December 2009, 09:13 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

5t.
more common than vauxhall corsa's
Old 29 December 2009, 10:21 PM
deanb1980
Scooby Regular

now tbh youre being a bit unfair i know your upset on the poor service but first thing to contend with is its the festive period no dealers are open on boxing day and subaru uk arent open either so at least be fair what you should of done is said i will sort it myself will you pay the bill and they would have no choice but to do so or pay for a hire car for you to use as your vehicle is no longer secure on the road and may void your insurance
Old 29 December 2009, 10:30 PM
Dave270R
Scooby Newbie

I've had 3 windscreens with them (unlucky I know) and never had a problem with A-Plan. Autowindscreens are the ones responsible surely? BTW, their work is **** as well.
Old 30 December 2009, 08:27 AM
Chris@A-Plan
Former Sponsor

I understand this is sorted now - however, should you or anyone for that matter have any issues please don't hesitate to contact me.

Happy new year to all.

Chris - tel 01635 874646
Old 30 December 2009, 02:16 PM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by deanb1980
now tbh youre being a bit unfair i know your upset on the poor service but first thing to contend with is its the festive period no dealers are open on boxing day and subaru uk arent open either so at least be fair what you should of done is said i will sort it myself will you pay the bill and they would have no choice but to do so or pay for a hire car for you to use as your vehicle is no longer secure on the road and may void your insurance
I could of got the work done on christmas day night when this happened by Autoglass they had a window in stock but was told by my insurance that i couldnt use Autoglass as they are not the insuranses prefered company Was also told that they could recover my car but with no hire car and if i chose to do this i would lose my no-claims bonus plus they could not tell me when i would get my car back. This is still ongoing nothing has been sorted yet
Old 30 December 2009, 05:45 PM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

Well its now 5:40 was promised a call back with a resolution to all this before the close of buisness today A-plans phone lines close at 5:00 so looks like i will be paying for my cars repairs myself then. I think i have given them more than enough chances to sort this out and been very calm with them on the phone dont think i have swore at them once. End result looks like me having to pay for the glass myself well done A-plan look forward to my renewal in August dont think you will be in the running for my buisness
Old 30 December 2009, 06:11 PM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

Amazed they called back final result i pay for my own glass a-plan do nothing ****ing ******* steer well clear boys and girls
Old 30 December 2009, 06:16 PM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

Anyone got a cheap drivers side dropglass for a 98 classic green tint?????
Old 30 December 2009, 09:32 PM
deanb1980
Scooby Regular

speak to the onbedsmen(check the spelling) they will get it sorted for you
Old 30 December 2009, 10:29 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

is a-plan the real problem or markerstudy??
Old 30 December 2009, 10:36 PM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

£20 bargin!!

Impreza 2000 Turbo UK V5 O/S/F Door Glass Green Tint on eBay (end time 20-Jan-10 13:26:19 GMT)

Dont know if V5 is same as V4 though
Old 31 December 2009, 12:01 AM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by deanb1980
speak to the onbedsmen(check the spelling) they will get it sorted for you
Think thats gonna be my next move

Originally Posted by my94wrx
is a-plan the real problem or markerstudy??
The underwriter isnt markerstudy its QBE and they are both as bad as each other

Originally Posted by Woody69
Got my eye on that already but think a trip to Grade a first is in order
Old 31 December 2009, 05:02 PM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

It gets worse lol Autowindscreens have just been to fit my window. Which was suppose to be a genuine Subaru part and guess what its not. Add to that ive just been out in the car and heard quite a bit of wind noise looked back at the pillow and there is a 4mm gap at the bottom of the window when the window is up. Also if i put the window all the way up using the auto up button i cant close the door cause the window hits that little plastic thing on the pillow. Was told by autowindscreens that the reason ive had to wait so long is because they had to order the glass from Subaru so someone is telling porkys. As i have said before the level of service i have recieved is so bad i cant think of a word to describe it. Only plus side from all of this is A-plan have said they will refund my £60 excess but i have had to pay the excess out of my pocket and now have to wait to get it back. Please please people stay clear seems like fully comp means nothing now.

Last edited by VTR steve; 31 December 2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05 January 2010, 12:10 AM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

The saga continues to cut a long story short i still have the ****ty non genuine window in which means the inside of my car is now soaking wet i have been on and off the phone all day to various window companys, a-plan and QBE non of which have been that helpful. At the end of the day QBE phoned me to say that a new window (a genuine one) will be here tomorrow and that wait for it Autoglass will be fitting it. Yes the same Autoglass that had the window 17 days ago I am really dissapointed wth a-plan as they have not really handled this whole problem well i expect a little more when i pay for fully comp insurance they will have to be very very cheap on there renewal to get my buisness this year
Old 06 January 2010, 07:48 PM
war1974
Scooby Regular

seems to me most brokers are the same! just a pity not many insure direct for performance or modded cars!
Old 10 January 2010, 04:07 PM
IJE71
Scooby Regular

TBH I wouldn't have even phoned the insurance company, quicker and much less hasle to just get one from the breakers, probably cheaper than your excess as well.
Old 15 January 2010, 10:48 PM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

my thoughts exactly,