Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ongoing issues with elephant!! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2010, 12:26 PM
rookymatt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ongoing issues with elephant!! Help!

Afternoon all,
I had my car stolen from my front drive after my house was broken into. the car was recovered but in a bad way. needing paintwork, new keys, and an alarm.
elephant had the car repaired at one of their approved centres, IT TOOK TWO MONTHS!!
After a long wait i got the car back and immediately noticed that the work must have been done by stevie wonder as the paint was flat and had runs everywhere, plus my battery had been tampered with and was loose!! plus they have'nt replaced the alarm!! Grrrr.
Anyway, i vented at the repairer and elephant, and they agreed to fix the faults. So now after the car has been there for another month, i now get a call from elephant saying i need a new alarm as the old one is a discontinued model, and that i would have to pay as it's not standard fit (cliffird concept 500)
Can they do this or do i have a valid argument?? oh plus the fact that i've not had the damn thing for three months too!!
What do you insurance gods think???
Many thanks
Matt.
Old 13 January 2010, 04:25 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad news about your car,
Somewhere in your policy document it might be written that some thing along the lines of in the event of an accident the car will be only repaired to factory specification. Eg non factory fit items such as the clifford alarm will not be replaced.
Do I think this is fair - NO especially as from what your stated about the quality of the repair and time taken etc.
I think I would ring Elephant again - keeping a cool head and explaing the situation re the poor repair and time taken and asking them if they intend to replace the alarm (at their cost) and with what - factory fit will be sigma I think. Would you accept this ?
I think the chances of getting insurance on an Impreza without a Cat 1 alarm will be very slim indeed, in fact I'm pretty certain elephant wont insure your car without one !

Richard