Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with Keith Micheals

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2010, 12:53 PM
JamesMWRX
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Keith Micheals

Been insured with KM for the last couple of years but moved the policy to another insurer last month.

I needed proof of my NCB to send on to the new insurer so Gary said he would arrange for that to be sent out. That was a month ago and despite repeated phone calls to the KM office (as I can't get hold of Gary directly) , no proof has been sent.

My new insurers are now saying they will cancel my policy if I don't cough up the full cost of a yearly premium based on having no NCB, as I have not complied with their terms and conditions re providing the required proof.

Anyone else had similar problems and if so, how did you get it resolved?
Old 08 February 2010, 01:26 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Pm me your details and i'll ask our admin department to re-order the NCB for you
Old 08 February 2010, 01:39 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Get your insurance to do the work chap...

I did. KM don't include no claims data on renewal notices (like a lot of companies now which i think is a bit of a sod but hey ho) so you can't just post it off. I simply told the new broker who the last one was and they called and sorted it themselves.

Must add moved because of price not because of any service issues at all.

5t.
Old 08 February 2010, 04:35 PM
duncatr
Scooby Regular

Exactly the same boat here. Infact im sat on the phone to KM right now........ been on hold for 18 minutes! I have tried garry a couple times today but understand he's a busy man, so I'm on hold for admin dept.

My new insurer are actually charging me an additionally monthly fee now until I supply my proof of NCB. They have made it very clear that I am responsible for getting the proof and sending it onto them.

Garry - any chance you could scan / e-mail it to me so I can get it to them ASAP.

I was a little late in getting in touch with Gary but policy ran out 15'th Jan.
Old 08 February 2010, 04:46 PM
duncatr
Scooby Regular

Well 26 minutes on hold just to talk to a very unhelpful girl who tells me that it could be another couple weeks and that she will chace it up at the end of the week. Add on postage time and I will be even more out of pocket by the time I get it!!

On a plus side I think I have convinced her to e-mail it to me. At least that way I can send that to my new insurer until the written one arrives.

I've never had such a problem with proof of NCD. Not saying that it's KM's fault either but this has always come through the post with my renewal in the past so I am free to send on to new insurer..... does that not happen any more????
Old 08 February 2010, 04:50 PM
Moley
Sponsor

If anyone does need any documents (cert/NCB) feel free to pm me if you can't get though and i'll get it arranged
Old 08 February 2010, 05:02 PM
duncatr
Scooby Regular

Cheers garry - was not meant as a negative post about you, you've always been spot on and tried to save me money. Have even spent a while on the phone talking scoobs with you on more than one occasion. LOL

Just wandering why this does not come through with renewal any more. Always has done in the past.
Old 08 February 2010, 05:13 PM
Moley
Sponsor

If we send the official NCB out with renewals we'd have to have it sent back to us if the client renewed the policy (approx 85% renew), so people would have to forever be sending more paperwork back to us, so we try to make it as easy as possible.
Old 08 February 2010, 09:34 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Can't say i ever had to do that when it used to be included in the renewals... You just used to get a quotes which said "includes X years no claims bonus" and that was enough for any new insurer. Never sent it back to a company who already had me on the books.

Thought it was just to make moving that bit harder... you know like when you try to move moble phone providers, call for the PAC number and on he way you have to speak to the team that suddenly finds a better deal and tries to keep you... Remember Tesco doing that to me when I moved to KM, just told them i'd modded the car and they knew they were beaten.

As i say, seems to be the thing these days so no mark against KM.

5t.