Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what a joke

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2010, 11:23 AM
newman90
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what a joke

Im 20 years old driving 2 years with a years NCB and a track record of high performance cars..
Im with eCar and they quoted me 1900 for my renewal on a 2000 Classic which i thought wasnt bad, however they are tryin to charge me an extra £200 because my car doesnt have a factory fitted alarm, where infact it has a Clifford Concept anti hijack cat 1.. but because there website doesnt have an option for aftermarket alarms i have to state that i havent got one.. what a joke?
Old 22 July 2010, 12:16 PM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

Go elsewhere....
Old 22 July 2010, 12:53 PM
newman90
Scooby Regular

If i could get insured for less than that or the same, trust me i would
Old 22 July 2010, 01:27 PM
skyinsurance
Former Sponsor

Phone them, if the car has thatcham approved security and you can back this up with the installation certificate, I honestly cannot see what their beef is.
Old 22 July 2010, 02:43 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by newman90
Im 20 years old driving 2 years with a years NCB and a track record of high performance cars..
Im with eCar and they quoted me 1900 for my renewal on a 2000 Classic which i thought wasnt bad, however they are tryin to charge me an extra £200 because my car doesnt have a factory fitted alarm, where infact it has a Clifford Concept anti hijack cat 1.. but because there website doesnt have an option for aftermarket alarms i have to state that i havent got one.. what a joke?
I am surprised to hear about your track record of high performance cars being only 20 years old and driving for only 2 years?

You must either be very fortunate or the high peformance cars you are referring too are not insurance group 20 and (possibly) the most stolen/written off car in the country.

Unfortunately this is the nature of the beast and ownership of these cars is not cheap!

Have you tried Moley_WRX on here?

Also Adrian Flux, A-Plan, Sky Insurance etc who may be able to offer you a better deal

Good luck with the renewal mate
Old 22 July 2010, 02:53 PM
skyinsurance
Former Sponsor

My company would need him to be aged 25 or over, same with most specilaists I'd assume.

And yes, Imprezas are about as high risk as it gets, horrendous claims/loss ratios. So much so, my company only insure genuine club members on Imprezas hence our affiliation with Scoobynet. If as non-club member came to us for a quote, we would not insure them.
Old 22 July 2010, 03:16 PM
newman90
Scooby Regular

yeah this is the 'highest' insurance group car ive had, however i have had and been insured on 2 Toyota Glanza's sitting around the 230 bhp mark and they were ofcourse imports. And i have told them i have the certificate to prove this however they seem adiment that there is nothing they can do as regards to reduceing my premuim even though my car is technically less likely to get stolen