Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance wont give me back my money !

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2010, 10:58 AM
stef_2010
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance wont give me back my money !

Hi

I need a wee bit of advice about my insurance please, I'll try and explain the best I can

I have a multicar policy with Admiral, I insure my fiesta and subaru with them.

During april last year I had an mx-5 so added it to the policy, a few months later I bought the Subaru and sold the MX-5. When I added the Subaru another policy i had ran out which freed up 4 years no claims so it went on the subaru.

At that time they said they would need to see proof of 4 years so only gave me one. It took me basically until renewal time to send them the proof, this is where the problem starts

I emailed them the proof and it was accepted, I recieved a letter from them saying £670 will be backdated and refunded to my card. The next day I renewed my policy paying £1*** by card

A week later and no refund so I phoned today, I was told the refund was detucted from my new policy or it would have cost me alot more. I told them this was a load of sh*t, so he checked it and agreed I was due the money.

He contacted the accounts department and his manager and they said I cant get the refund because I added the no claims half way through the policy year and that they would deduct £670 from my new policy, which is a year away. Obviously I told him I wasnt happy at this and asked surely if I cancel my policy their due me my renewal price (£1***) plus that £670, he agreed so i told him I would call later tonight to cancel

What can I do to get the £670 back they OVERCHARGED me last year ? I really cant be bothered messing about cancelling, waiting for refunds, find a new insurer ect ect

any help appreciated
Old 09 November 2010, 11:29 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Speak to these guys.... http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/
Old 09 November 2010, 11:47 AM
stef_2010
Scooby Regular

^^

Thanks
Old 10 November 2010, 11:08 AM
skyinsurance
Former Sponsor

I'd give them one more opportunity to sort it, phone up and speak to a manager not just a call handler. Give them the opportunity to fix it and if they do not, go to the ombudsman.