Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone please insure me realistically

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2010, 09:42 PM
princey2k5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone please insure me realistically

Found my car & now need insurance.

Admiral, Elephant & Bell best so far at 1200 on 10 month accelerator however when i try to pay monthly they say there is an 8% interest charge. thats fine. Then they want £2000+? Funny 8% rise.

Tried Keith Michaels & A Plan. Awaiting quotes
Old 10 December 2010, 09:58 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

What are your details? (age, postcode, car etc?)
Old 10 December 2010, 10:03 PM
princey2k5
Scooby Regular

PM'd

cheers

Last edited by princey2k5; 10 December 2010 at 10:52 PM. Reason: security reasons ;)
Old 10 December 2010, 10:24 PM
scoobeenut
Scooby Regular

Probably best not to post personal information or location on a public forum like this, there's a lot of scumbags out there interested in our cars. You can send a private message to other posters by clicking on their name. Good luck with finding insurance and welcome to scoobynet.
Old 10 December 2010, 10:51 PM
princey2k5
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobeenut
Probably best not to post personal information or location on a public forum like this, there's a lot of scumbags out there interested in our cars. You can send a private message to other posters by clicking on their name. Good luck with finding insurance and welcome to scoobynet.
i know i know, im one of those trusting mugs though. Thanks for the heads up though pal.

My garage is a beast to get into and my car will only start if they have the immobiliser chip thingy thats attached to my keys. A nifty bit of kit to be fair. Come to think of it, thats a thing to mention to insurance. Has insurance certificate thingy majig.
Old 10 December 2010, 11:29 PM
stedee
Scooby Regular

those accelerator bonus things are a scam you only get 10 months insurance don't you.
Old 11 December 2010, 12:17 AM
princey2k5
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stedee
those accelerator bonus things are a scam you only get 10 months insurance don't you.
wouldnt call it a scam just helps build no claims quicker plus it will knock off a couple of hundred.
Old 11 December 2010, 12:40 AM
irondrew
Scooby Regular

Dude trust me play around with your quote online. Mine was cheaper if I'm married (which now I am right?! Lol) and cheaper kept on the street than in a garage?? Strange but true....don't think having it parked in a secure garage makes it cheaper cause sometimes it don't!! Also try adding ya mum/dad to your policy it helps.... Especially a female driver too!! Don't know why!! Lol JOKE!! ;-)
Old 11 December 2010, 12:54 AM
cjquicksilver
Scooby Regular

try sky insurance best for me by far!
Old 11 December 2010, 05:38 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by princey2k5
wouldnt call it a scam just helps build no claims quicker plus it will knock off a couple of hundred.
Not all companies will except that 10 months as 1 years NCB though.
Old 11 December 2010, 05:38 PM
princey2k5
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by irondrew
Dude trust me play around with your quote online. Mine was cheaper if I'm married (which now I am right?! Lol) and cheaper kept on the street than in a garage?? Strange but true....don't think having it parked in a secure garage makes it cheaper cause sometimes it don't!! Also try adding ya mum/dad to your policy it helps.... Especially a female driver too!! Don't know why!! Lol JOKE!! ;-)
Yeah, bit strange how my 21 year old girlfriend who has never drove anything capable of doing 30mph pulls my premium down by 700!! Insurance is just legalised theft these days. Its beyond a joke and its about time somethings done. And suprise suprise, your rep from keith michaels has not got back to me. Wonder why that is?
Old 11 December 2010, 05:41 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by irondrew
Be careful when you do that.

Whenever you get a quote it'll be saved by that insurer, so every time you change something they can see what you've done.

So if you change 6-7 different things to get the price down the insurers can see what you've changed, and will probably check your details VERY carefully if you have a claim, to see if what you told them is true.... and by checking your old quotes they'll know exactly what to check.

More and more insurers are doing this now, so be careful you're being honest.
Old 11 December 2010, 05:43 PM
Moley
Sponsor

And suprise suprise, your rep from keith michaels has not got back to me. Wonder why that is?
Maybe because you pm'd me at 22.11 last night, and last time i checked i work 9.30-18.00 Monday to Friday.

Old 11 December 2010, 06:19 PM
princey2k5
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Maybe because you pm'd me at 22.11 last night, and last time i checked i work 9.30-18.00 Monday to Friday.

My bad, i did fill out your online quotation but came back as cannot complete for some reason. All has been sorted anyway at £1100 with Swinton. Thanking you for your help however. I hear you are the guy to try before anyone else so thats what i did.
Old 12 December 2010, 10:31 AM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

Not all companies will except that 10 months as 1 years NCB though.
In fairness iv done a few bonus accelerator policies and had wondered if that was true, however i know for a fact its not the case with the ones from bell as the proof of no claims certification you got has no mention of being a 10 month policy, and are the same the certificates they give for a normal policy.

Due to not starting my own policy till i was 20 i found them to be pretty good for getting those NCB under my belt quicker.

Be careful when you do that.

Whenever you get a quote it'll be saved by that insurer, so every time you change something they can see what you've done.

So if you change 6-7 different things to get the price down the insurers can see what you've changed, and will probably check your details VERY carefully if you have a claim, to see if what you told them is true.... and by checking your old quotes they'll know exactly what to check.

More and more insurers are doing this now, so be careful you're being honest.
LOL i always use a fake name etc on all my quotes up until im ready to do my proper one, it also stops the annoying phone calls you get from them trying to sell you the quote.
Old 13 December 2010, 10:31 AM
skyinsurance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cjquicksilver
try sky insurance best for me by far!
Thanks, of the OP is aged 25 or over with 3 years NCB, off road parking and a years experience of the Impreza or similar car, we should be able to help.

Also, we can usually use the 10 month accelerator NCB but this is at our underwriters' discretion.

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html
Old 14 December 2010, 04:06 PM
princey2k5
Scooby Regular

I know at 25, insurance tend to be a little more friendly. I'll find out in a years time however to see if it is true or not.
Old 14 December 2010, 10:16 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by skyinsurance
Thanks, of the OP is aged 25 or over with 3 years NCB, off road parking and a years experience of the Impreza or similar car, we should be able to help.

Also, we can usually use the 10 month accelerator NCB but this is at our underwriters' discretion.

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html
I've got all the above their and more. Defo be in touch after Xmas
Old 23 December 2010, 10:52 AM
carlosWRX
Scooby Regular

i use comparethemarket. easy and saves you having to phone around. also the companies near the top always call you and beg for your business - hence saving the costs of a ten min phone call

I would stay away from bonus accelerators - they might not be respected by other insurers when you want to change.

good luck and shop around
Old 25 December 2010, 06:38 PM
xcore
Scooby Regular

admiral etc seem to be the cheapest for me but they wont cover imports(for a reasonable price)!