Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance gone up for the 10th consecutive year

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2010, 03:42 PM
BigBez
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance gone up for the 10th consecutive year

Im 29, been driving since 2001, 9 years noclaims and had my 1995 WRX since 2006.

I have never been with the same insurer twice because it goes up every year.

last the best i could get was 780 fully comp now they have renewed me wait for it.......................................1565 thats double the f^cking price !

all the big insurers want 1200 ++ cheapest ive had this year is (from someone ive never heard of) 990 fully comp.

Went to some well known comparison sites and to show how usless they are i typed in a
2006 1.0 corsa
garaged
8000 mile a year
alarm / immobiliser AND tracker

that come out at around 750 on all the sites WTF is happening to our country why do we continue to take it up the ARS*

rant ove but not f in happy
bye bye scooby I just cant do it anymore.
Old 16 December 2010, 03:45 PM
BigBez
Scooby Regular

P.S -

is there a governing body who regulate car insurers ?
thanks.
Old 16 December 2010, 03:49 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd guess your location is your problem.

If you have an area of very high claims (ie Manchester) then insurers won't want to insure people there unfortunately, or will want higher premiums to cover the payouts.
Old 16 December 2010, 03:49 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by BigBez
P.S -

is there a governing body who regulate car insurers ?
thanks.
Yep, the FSA, but they don't control the prices.
Old 16 December 2010, 04:01 PM
BigBez
Scooby Regular

yeh but if i had a serious collision youd just write the car off rather than fix and i wouldnt even be payed half the true value of it anyway. At the minute with my car my payout may even be less than the premium!!

whats the point in asking if you have had an accident if your just going to penalize me because some 18 year old crashed his 1.0 saxo and had no insurance. Whats other peoples accidents got to do with me when i have never had a claim in my life ( this is my insurance policy nobody elses so the premium should be tailored to me and not affected by anybody else)

The whole insurance system is hugely out of date and its time something was done. Also (i know im boring, nearly finished rant) would it not be a good idea if you could charge something decent like (anything under 450 fully comp) but charge like £1000 excess in the event of an accident that ways people drive abit more carfully and people who do drive sensibly dont get penalized by some mong!! driving like a tw@t.

anyhow im getting rid and use my Honda CBF instead should be fun on the ice

Last edited by BigBez; 16 December 2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 16 December 2010, 06:05 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

I agree that something should be done about this. All I can see happening is that those who cause more of a risk will be taking bigger risks when there is little incentive to encourage them to take out insurance in the first place. Then there is the crash for claims nonsense that is being allowed to grow at a highly concerning rate. The quick fix? Those who are more honorable foot the bill...

...sorry I am feeling sore as well after looking around at what my premium is likely to be next month. We are a couple of moaning old gits arent we (Im 29 as well, so I mean young gits really).

Edit: do you know if we can look forward to cheaper insurance when we hit 30? It could be one good thing about leaving the 20s behind.

Last edited by SRSport; 16 December 2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 16 December 2010, 06:22 PM
Moley
Sponsor

yeh but if i had a serious collision youd just write the car off rather than fix and i wouldnt even be payed half the true value of it anyway. At the minute with my car my payout may even be less than the premium!!
Depends on if you have a decent policy or not. The companies i deal with tend to pay out very well.

I hear what your saying every day, but rates are the way they are for a reason.
It only takes one small dink in traffic to wipe out every premium you've paid in the last 10-15 years.

I agree something needs to be done. Once fraudulent claims are stamped out rates should decrease.

My premiums went up again this year aswell, even though i reduced my annual mileage by half and moved to a nicer area.... but i see how much the insurers are paying out, so understand why rates are going up.
Old 16 December 2010, 06:26 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
I agree something needs to be done. Once fraudulent claims are stamped out rates should decrease.
Is this likely to happen anytime soon do you think?
Old 16 December 2010, 06:27 PM
Moley
Sponsor

The whole insurance system is hugely out of date and its time something was done. Also (i know im boring, nearly finished rant) would it not be a good idea if you could charge something decent like (anything under 450 fully comp) but charge like £1000 excess in the event of an accident that ways people drive abit more carfully and people who do drive sensibly dont get penalized by some mong!! driving like a tw@t.
Excess is irrevent, as you only get hit with that if your car is written off or stolen.

It's the cost of who you hit that is killing the market. If you hit someone but don't claim for your own car you won't have to pay any excess.

The way to stamp out claims is to make people pay the first £500 of ANY claim. ie... you hit someone and they claim £2k personal injury, then YOU pay the first £500 out your own pocket., even if you're not claiming for your own car

That would make people drive a lot more carefully IMO
Old 16 December 2010, 06:28 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by SRSport
Is this likely to happen anytime soon do you think?
I'd hope so, but the law is on the side of the person claiming, so the law would need to change.... so unlikely.
Old 16 December 2010, 06:29 PM
Biggs
Scooby Regular

Location: East Barnet/southgate on the borders of North London and Hertfordshire

I've decided to take mine off the road untill my quotes get back under £1k.

I was paying £500 last year fully comp, at 29 with all mods declared, on a very limited mileage.

The same company quoted me this year @ £1200 with everything staying the same barring the fact i have an extra year ncb (8 in total).

I'd rather walk !
Old 16 December 2010, 06:30 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

This is the problem as far as I can see. I actually sympathise with the insurers as they are getting fleeced as well. Its our blundering government that needs to pull its finger out.
Old 16 December 2010, 06:32 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Biggs
I've decided to take mine off the road untill my quotes get back under £1k.
Lol, that crossed my mind as well. A rather expensive driveway ornament though.
Old 16 December 2010, 06:45 PM
Biggs
Scooby Regular

Location: East Barnet/southgate on the borders of North London and Hertfordshire

I do have the luxury of a second car though, that being said, i'm getting shafted for the insurance on that too.
Old 16 December 2010, 08:58 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Doesn't change guys when your 30. I'm 33 next on Sunday and it's just the same.

God help My Insurance Quote next month. Manchester Post Code n all!

Wouldn't mine I'm 20mins away from the city centre and use a van for work.

You know mines £1500 + this year. Full no Claims n all. Really 16 years No claims.