Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Admiral

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2010, 06:15 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Admiral

Is anyone here with Admiral paying monthly?

They have sent me a payment schedule with the 1st due today, the 22nd. I noticed it had not left the bank so I rang them to query it. According to this shower of muppets direct debits are 'requested on that day' and don't leave 'until the bank let them'

I've never heard so much rubbish in all my life!!! Every other company whom I pay a DD to ask me what date I'd like the payment to be take, I specify and on that date it goes.

I'm getting more and more annoyed with these jokers
Old 22 December 2010, 06:32 PM
si2000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a multi-car policy with them and i pay monthly, had no problem with them. They choose a payment date unless you ask differently as i did.

My dd goes on the date i asked.
Old 22 December 2010, 10:52 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

Im with their sister company bell, and although i pay it in one lump sum not monthly- i had a letter from them through the other day saying the bank had rejected the payment and to call them immediately blah blah blah....

...i rang my bank first to find out why they rejected it.....they said bell put the payment through wrong, so had to then ring them up get them put it through again......then they just tried to sell me stuff like breakdown cover lol....
Old 22 December 2010, 11:17 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

I just don't get them at all. They told me the first payment would be taken on the 22nd of November which was the policy start date, and subsequent payments would be taken on the 22nd of each month thereafter. I have a payment schedule that states this also.

The monkeys on the phone though argue black is white and that they request the payment and it never goes on the same date, only a date after the requested date. As far as I'm concerned it's utter nonsense.........

The problem is it costs a fortune to call them and they never call you back. Instead they resort to tricks where they email or letter you explaining they tried to call, when they clearly did not. You then have to call them, ka-ching, more money!
Old 22 December 2010, 11:22 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

At least the above will mean you wont be charged to be frustrated, just type 'Admiral' into the top box.
Old 22 December 2010, 11:31 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Myles
http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

At least the above will mean you wont be charged to be frustrated, just type 'Admiral' into the top box.
Cheers mate

I have a theory about the lack of payment claiming; If you pay monthly and miss even a single payment then they make you pay in full including interest etc. How many people check their bank after the payment date. think they have more money than they thought, spend it, and then Admiral claim it late, it bounces and ka-ching, premium in full please sir.......