Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPP Instal - Insurance View

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2011, 03:34 PM
ScottishRayman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPP Instal - Insurance View

Hoping one of the reps from Insurance company will provide a reply as this is just a current consideration that I may opt for -

May buy the STI Hatch around 08 plate and planned to view one at the weekend. However, the garage have proudly advised that it has PPP in the car which is good but will companies view this as a big add on for my premium. I'm currently with Marketstudy so one of the reps that give business to this company will poss be best placed to advised.

Totally understand considerations about policyholder age, location applies but as a general rule how will the PPP be viewed???

Thanks to those that provide reply.

Posted this in main forum and got some brill replies last night but wanted a direct view from one of the Insuarnce Reps that view this site.
Old 14 January 2011, 03:43 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Each company is different, but most are fine with PPP, so premium load will be small (if any)
Old 14 January 2011, 04:51 PM
ScottishRayman
Scooby Regular

Thank you - suspected that may be the case from replies on the main forum but just wanted an insurance view before even considering a test drive.

Appreciated.
Old 19 January 2011, 09:30 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Let us know how you got on. i.e. who you went with and how much more they charged for PPP as it is a question I have thought about in anticipation of my next purchase.
Old 19 January 2011, 10:32 PM
ScottishRayman
Scooby Regular

Will do. Test drive is this Saturday so if car is to my liking I'll be arranging insurance next week mate.

Tentative enquiries suggest the loading on premium will be pretty low for PPP installed, in comparision to standard STI alone.
Old 19 January 2011, 10:37 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Thats very interesting as I read a few years ago that the PPP would make a WRX more expensive to insure than a standard STI. Look forward to your comments.
Old 24 January 2011, 09:17 PM
ScottishRayman
Scooby Regular

SRSport as requested - took STI Hatch with PPP on test drive on Saturday. Very impressed indeed.

Phoned insurance company today, as even if I don't buy this specific one I am keen to poss buy one with PPP soon. Insurance company very good and gave me quote on standard one firstly without PPP & the 18 inch wheels which are on the current one I am interested in. With the PPP & 18 inch wheels no premium loading at all. Happy with that.

Trending Topics

Old 24 January 2011, 09:25 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Wow, then its a no brainer. An STI with PPP would be very nice indeed. I know that people will go on about you can get better remaps than Prodrive etc but there is something nice knowing that its a proper OEM upgrade and Prodrive have an awesome reputation.
Old 24 January 2011, 10:04 PM
ScottishRayman
Scooby Regular

agreed but a nice price tag to go along with it lol.

the PPP takes it to the same performance as 330 but must admit the 330 is nice inside and the computer/sat nav is pretty cool but at an additional 3k not nice enough

i'll decide in the next few days and let you know bro what i went for.
Old 24 January 2011, 10:16 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Can you spec it to the 330 and save a on the 3k price tag? i.e. add the sat nav and whatever else it has.
Old 24 January 2011, 10:22 PM
ScottishRayman
Scooby Regular

im sure to an extent you can, as almost anything is poss with the right money. the wheels on the one thats coming in are better than the 330 and i can life without the recaro's but the cost of the comp and sat nav i have no idea my friend as yet.
Old 24 January 2011, 10:39 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

The hatch has grown on me massively over the last few months. I would really like a JDM S-GT twin scroll if I had the money to spend on a new car. The STIs I think look modern and purposeful and can see easily see the attraction over the Hawkeyes now. get some pics up when you can.
Old 07 February 2011, 09:16 PM
ScottishRayman
Scooby Regular

u have PM SRSport of the new sti hatch.....