Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STI Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2002, 07:28 AM
Mark99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm looking to buy an STI Type UK Prodrive and have been checking out the insurance first, I've got the following quotes (29 yrs old, 4 years NCB)

Greenlight £1080
Adrian Flux £900

Anyone know of any companies to try, even thogh £900 sounds good to me ?
Old 18 April 2002, 08:25 AM
M4RKY
Scooby Newbie

Lightbulb

You could try Privilege - I've had my Scooby's insured with them for the past 5 years (including my STI 4) and always found them v. reasonable.

I also found that they were exceptionally prompt when I had to make a claim, sending an engineer out the following day. No hassles whatsoever.

Old 21 April 2002, 10:49 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Try Chris Knott. Youll find his number here somewhere

Chip.
Old 25 April 2002, 10:43 PM
Lemmy
Scooby Regular

Try Liverpool Victoria, about a month ago they quoted me about £730 for an import Sti7 since they didn't have the UK version on their system yet. They expected to be able to quote on UK Sti7 in a couple of weeks, so they should be able to quote now.

On my current car, UK Turbo they were £150 cheaper than anyone else at £545!

Alan
Old 26 April 2002, 07:55 AM
Mark99
Scooby Regular

Alan,

I tried Liverpool Victoria last week, as they are my current Insurer and they said they wouldn't quote for it. I'll try them again, as from what you said they seem to be have changed their minds.

Cheers
Old 26 April 2002, 09:32 AM
alistair
Scooby Senior

Thumbs down

Adrian Flux - don't get me going about them !

They have just sent out my 3rd complete set of proposal forms to fill in because they've lost the first 2. That's FULL forms, the proposal, alarm declaration, modifications report, copies of licences etc.

I wouldn't mind too much but they fu*ked up my no claims and then threatened to cancel my insurance several times in the first few weeks when I told them ! It was eventually resolved by me getting written proof from my previous insurers - twice and sending it registered the second time - then no appologies - they just said it was my previous insurers who made the error !

I'm now 6 months into the policy and still have no certificate because they keep losing everything after they have acknowledged receipt !

They were a few quid cheaper than Barclays for me - I wish I'd stayed with Barclays they were far better. I've never had so much hassle with any company over anything - I can't work out how they can be so cheap with the admin overherad they must have - I just hope I'm actually insured..........
Old 27 April 2002, 01:41 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Wink

Try ringing Tesco's (don't use Online quotes for Scoobs Cr4p) Sti7 Prodrive was £560 ish £80 cheaper than my MY99

Tony

Trending Topics

Old 27 April 2002, 07:51 PM
DJB
Scooby Regular

There are plenty of companies who will insure the STi Type UK but in my experience not many who will insure the Prodrive derivative.

For the non-Prodrive Bell Direct were best. They would not insure Prodrive version. For this version, Tesco came out best at £890 and £550 excess.

D.
Old 06 May 2002, 08:49 AM
kevin r m
Scooby Regular

Angry

When are insurance companies going to get their act together. It's not as if Subaru are not well established. Why don't they know about the Prodrive up-grade on the STI7, do they sit there blind folded with ear plugs in a dark corner? It just makes a very quick car a bit quicker thus increasing the risk of crashing a bit if you get it wrong. But you could still get it wrong in the standard model. Why don't they employ someone who know's about cars when selling car insurance instead of dumb idiots who should be selling house insurance! My moan for the bank holiday!
Old 14 May 2002, 10:48 PM
ScottishMenace
Scooby Regular

Beware of Tesco - they totally screwed up my STI7 quote. I was ready to sign up for £597 when they realised they classified it wrongly and asked for over £900. They are also NOT mod friendly, so if you go to mod they will charge excessive amounts.
Went to Greenlight instead.

Be careful out there.

Dave Allan