Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd car insurance question

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2002, 09:43 PM
Fast_Blue_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a cheap run around car to save the mileage on my scooby, also to save taking the scooby out in the winter bad weather all the time, cut down on the number of times I have to take it into work. Basically I want my scooby to become a weekend car where I can drive it for pleasure instead of the mundane drive into work every day!!!

Now I have my own insurance on the scooby with my wife as named driver. My wife has her own insurance on her own car with me as a named driver.

So I need the followinghelp when I purchase my cheap car:

(1) How do I go about insuring it? Can I add it onto my scooby insurance, wife's insurance or need to start a new policy. What about my full no claims bonus. I can't be driving both cars at once, so will one insurance policy cover both. HELP!!

(2) My scooby insurance still has 6 months to go, if I inform them that the car is going to do a lot less mileage than what I had put on the form, then they should really give me a rebate. I doubt that they would, but they should do, shouldn't they?

I am going to ring them first thing tomorrow about my above questions but if anyone can provide me with any answers/advice on what should happen insurance wise then at least I will know what to expect.

So if anyone can relate their experiences with insurance companies to the above, then please reply, it will be a great help to me.

Thanks.
Old 28 April 2002, 09:26 AM
Fast_Blue_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know there is a similar question below BUT HOW ON EARTH DO I GET THE CAR HOME ONCE I HAVE BOUGHT IT???

I already have insurance and my wife has her own insurance. So how we are going to insure the car?

We both have 12 years no claims bonus so could I start a new insurance on the run around with 6 years leaving 6 years on the Subaru?

Whichever way you look at it, the insurance company will try and rob you blind!!!

Surely they should add up the replacement costs of both cars, ie Scooby + run around, difference would be around £500 over the insurance I already have on the scooby. Then they should know I can't be in both cars at once. If I tell them that 75% of the time I will be in the run around and 25% of the time, in the scooby, then actually I should be able to have ONE insurance on both cars, slight increase in premium to cover them, replacement wise, BUT a major reduction otherwise due to the fact that the run around is used more
Yes?
Can anyone in the insurance company help?