Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Stolen 94 WRX and insurance.

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2002, 12:15 AM
Al Cook
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost my 94 WRX today, outside a tube station in West Ruislip (see was it you).

A few questions have arisen.

How long before the Insurance company (norwich Union) pay up?
What sort of factors do they take into account for the money I receive? Who sets the price?

Do I really want it back after some neanderthal has joy ridden it for a few days?

If I do get it back, will the insurance pay for any mechanical checks to make sure the clutch, tyres etc are all OK?

Gutted and full of questions. The main one being..... Why?
Old 30 April 2002, 03:52 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

I gather that the Police classify a car as "missing" for 4 weeks before they classify it as "stolen". This is because many cars turn up again within the 4 weeks. Most insurance companies don't even process the paperwork until after this 4 weeks, many leaving it as much as 6 weeks. Even when they do process the paperwork, they don't exactly hurry. Insurance companies make millions each year in extra interest by delaying as long as reasonably possible any payouts.
Old 30 April 2002, 09:35 PM
RaZe-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

The thing that i would hope for, if it was me, was for it to be found a burnt out shell - you DONT want it back, cos like you say YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT IT WENT THROUGH!!!

If you get it back and god forbid 6 weeks later something goes wrong, you'll wonder "would it have if they hadnt stolen it?"

I had a bike stolen - and it never felt like mine again, so I got rid and would do the same with my car.

I am SOOO SORRY to hear your pride and joy has been taken by some uncaring unfeeling dreg of "humanity", but wave it goodbye and buy another with the money from the insurance...and a bigger lock...and a concrete bunker to keep it in...and some armed guards...and a big dog to live in the boot...etc etc

Shame we cant have ANYTHING in this ****ty place, isnt it :/

Old 03 May 2002, 11:22 PM
Al Cook
Scooby Regular

Yep, pretty sh&%%! feeling.

Another question.

Do insuarnce companies usually give NO hire car support for stolen cars? My comprehensive does not cover for any transport whilst I'm siitting waiting the 6 weeks for them to sort it out.

It appears that if I was completely negligent in a car accident and smacked two or three cars, and they were off the road for a 3 weeks then I would still be eligible for a hire/courtesy car whilst mine and the others were being repaired.
However, stolen car owners do not have that luxury. Seems the victim suffers again. Thanks NU for taking my £750 every years and leaving me in the crap. I'm now off to buy a banger to run me around whilst they delay and wait to provide me with my rightful compensation.