Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Be wiser insurance, help from someone in the know please!

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2014, 02:57 AM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Received 96 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Be wiser insurance, help from someone in the know please!

The wife bought an mx5 yesterday, the previous evening we did various on line quotes for the car before we went and looked at it, and a company called insure wiser provided the cheapest quote, and also included more benefits that the other providers did.
Yesterday morning before we set off on our 320 mile round trip to look at the car, I received a call from one of the said insurance company's employees to run through the quote because he believed he could get a better deal.
He came back with a price a further £15 cheaper than the online quote.

I told him we hadn't bought the car yet and would phone back if we did to take out the policy, as I didn't want another 320mile trip to go back and collect the car.

This evening, after buying the car, phoning the insurance company, and driving home, I did an ask MID check on it and it said the car was not insured, however it did state that the website might take a couple of days to update its data.

This started alarm bells ringing in my head, so I googled insure wiser to check for reviews (yeah, I know, should have done that yesterday!)
Didn't get any results for Insure Wiser, but a few bad things came up about a company called Be Wiser. Low and behold they are one and the same.

A few of the complaints said that some people had their insurance cancelled after a few months because they had not provided proof of no claims bonus, even though they said they didn't have any.

I checked the emails and low and behold there are emails from Be Wiser, with our policy documents and it states on them that we have 9 years ncb and that we need to provide proof of ncb.

I have double checked the form that I filled out on the comparison site and it clearly says that we have no ncb. Not once in the phone call to the salespersons either yesterday morning before we left or afternoon when I phoned back to take out cover did I state that we had 9 years ncb.

I understand I have a right to cancel within 14 days, but am left wondering what charges they are going to sting us for, if they are going to hike the premium, or whether I can get out of it because they have miss sold the policy and it was paid for by credit card.

Any advice from those with superior knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by WRXrowdy; 10 March 2014 at 03:00 AM.
Old 10 March 2014, 10:23 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Ring them today and see what they say.

They may have done it as a classic policy, and want to see proof that you have NCB on a second vehicle.

I have nothing to do at all with internet quotes through comparison companies, as issues like this happen on a regular basis.

Ref the reg not showing on the MID, that is very common and will take up to 7 days to update, it will never show straight away.
Old 10 March 2014, 03:44 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Received 96 Likes on 73 Posts

Thanks moley, thought you might offer some helpful advice

I sent them a fairly strongly worded email last night about the situation, and my wife rang them this morning.
She told me that the first bloke that took her call said to her it happens all the time, it's just so we can get you a cheaper quote!
She reminded him that this was illegal, and the fact she said she had no claims is because she didn't want this sort of thing to happen.
She asked to be put through to customer relations and after the lady in cr phoned aviva it has now, apparently, been rectified.

Basically, because my wife passed her test 11 years ago they had assumed she had 9 years+ ncb and decided to mirror them! without actually asking if she had ncb (which she has, but has only had her own policy for the last 5 or 6 years)