Tasteless? Certainly!

Just been to watch 2F2F by any chance?

[Edited by greasemonkey - 7/5/2003 6:43:26 AM]
Old 26 June 2003, 12:00 AM
rob oneill
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Would it be illegal to use neons under car on a public road if?

The front tube was white, the sides orange, and the rear red?

Probably would be, but theres\always a chance

Anyone know?

Cheers, Rob.
Old 11 July 2003, 03:45 PM
oztokyo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I lived in Japan for 6 years. The neon lighting trick came from there. For about a year I was in a place called Nishi-Chiba, and my apartment was in one of many massive project style buildings set in a row. When I looked out the window at night, the skyline was a dull orange and there were flames coming from refineries near the bay. If you've ever seen the opening scene to Bladerunner you'll know what it looks like.

The local truckers used to do their trucks up too. The backs of them were covered in lights.

Year later I lived in Yokohama, and we would go down to the Yokohama Bridge to check out all the custom cars and vans. If you are a bit of a 2F 2F fan then this would have you firming up a bit. ;-)

My neighbourhood was a nice as most places are in Japan...not attractive but safe and plenty to do. The most interest area was what could be called the local high street. Down one side it was all Yakuza run with Go parlours, hostess bars, Korean BBQs (The gangs love to hang out there in their loud suits and punch-perm hairdos) and video arcades. A lot of the lowest rung members of the Yakuza hung out round there. A local resident Gaijin Canadian and I used to come down there some nights and chat with them and talk about their cars and bikes. They were friendly to us mostly because we don't even rate on the scale....in fact I got a good apartment through one up in Tokyo when all the legit efforts to rent were failing (landlords don't like foreigners much).

I miss some of the car shows in Japan. The Tokyo Motor show was a highlight of my year, plus all the big custom car meets. Some wicked stuff to see.

Sorry...got off the subject of lighting really haven't I?

umm..I would like to put the lights on my Scoob too. Especially if that would help me land a nice sort like Devon Aoki..