Notices

Ultrasonics MY03

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2004, 04:06 PM
RIGPIG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Ultrasonics MY03

Are my ultrasonic sensors on the alarm system shagged??

1. Lock the car with windows down, 10 mins later go back and wave hand inside the car. Nothing happens. Only the red LED flash's a bit faster.

2. Sit inside the car, lock it, sit very,very still,for about 5 mins then move around. Nothing happens again. Except red LED a bit faster.

3. Tried arming the alarm excluding ultrasonics, this works fine, Re arm the system, and the above happens all over again.

Any guidence would be greatfully recieved.

Criss
Old 16 May 2004, 06:54 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not looking promising is it?

with them being sound based, temperature will affect them but shouldn't stop them working...

are you sure the siren's working OK as the LEDs are registering that something's happening but you aren't hearing the siren start?

you shouldn't have to sit there for 5 mins - generally on the alarms I've had with ultrasonics, they arm after 30 seconds or so.

have you had any work done on the doors / mirrors etc where they could have been disconnected? my old man's xantia had a side mirror replaced and his ultrasonics stopped working. only found out the numptie in the garage had reconnected the ultrasonics to the speakers as they use the same plugs after we'd spent a load of dosh on a new set of ultrasonics

is it ultrasonic systems where they can be cleaned out with a low power vacuum to remove the dust and airborne crud that blocks the "ports"?

Just a few suggestions...

Andy