Notices

WR Sport Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2004, 08:58 PM
Mal K
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WR Sport Headlights

just purchased a pair of these to replace my Morettes. What I need to know is: Are they easy enough to fit and set up or would I be better leaving it to the dealer for £70. Any advice gratefully received.
Mal
Old 23 July 2004, 01:01 AM
Apple
Scooby Regular

if that includes proper alignment / set-up then go for it as they can be "awkward" to do

fitting should be easy enough

based on my dealer's hourly rate then it's a good offer

did you get them new with all the connectors or are they having to modify your levelling system connectors to make them work? the Prodrives come with a loom side connector for the three wires of the levelling circuit that has to be installed to mate with the one on lights...

Andy
Old 23 July 2004, 05:04 PM
Mal K
Scooby Regular

Andy,
I have bought them second hand but they are mint and everything seems to be there. Think I will leave it to the dealer to sort out. Thanks
Mal
Old 30 July 2004, 03:49 PM
Mal K
Scooby Regular

Levelling connectors.....that seems to be my first problem.

I have the fitting instructions which seem straightforward enough up until the point of 'place a pin in the front of the black connector and release the wires'
Hence at the moment I have no self levelling.

Also the trim between the grille and the lights aren't in-line with the bonnet, Is there supposed to be a washer/spacer between the lights and the bodywork to pull them out slightly at the grille end?

Cheers Mal
Old 31 July 2004, 04:15 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Mal,

AFAIR the levelling connectors use the same coloured wires as on the car's loom so you could use bullet connectors or similar to join like for like

As for the trim, do you mean the rubber weather strip along the top? If yes, then "They all do that, Sir" It seems like there was some manufacturing spec glitch or whatever and it wasn't corrected so they are all missing at one end and overlap at the other

I changed my grille at the time for a WRC-style one-piece job but I've found a couple of piccies with the original side pieces...

Andy
Old 31 July 2004, 06:55 PM
Mal K
Scooby Regular

Andy,
It is noticeable on the second picture that you had the same problem where the bonnet meets the colour coded grille pieces. It doesn't quite fall in line with the bonnet.
I guess I will have to fork out on the new grille.
Cheers

Mal
Old 02 August 2004, 08:12 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Mal, that's not a "problem" as such, it was like that from new and it hadn't been bumped - check out the bugeye wrc car and it's the same AFAIR

This is after I fitted the WRC type grille - the pictures's not the best angle to prove anything

I've just been out to have a look in the garage and the gap's been sorted with the above grille - the moulding has been made to fill in the missing angle and make it smooth in profile

Andy

Trending Topics

Old 03 August 2004, 09:36 AM
Mal K
Scooby Regular

Andy,
Where did you buy it from and how much? You've took the Prodrive lights off too.
Old 03 August 2004, 12:53 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

It came from TSL but there's other people supplying them - it's an Ociari WRC grille AFAIR cost was £110 (+VAT?) plus painting a while back so ago so I don't know what the current price would be. I changed the mesh inside it from aluminium / lightweight alloy to 16swg stainless, partly to get away from the lax power look and also it'll take a fair sized lump to get through that material... I also meshed across the lower bumper opening in the same stuff to hopefully protect the two rads. The mesh and edging strip was something like 40 quid and it was cut/welded at a local fabricators.

I changed the lights as I'd managed to drop on a set of JDM STi lights that are HID bulbs instead of halogens - they took a lot of work sorting out the wiring etc but they're worth it I've since swapped the Prodrives for some other bits and pieces

Andy