Quick help needed

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2004, 10:53 AM
scoobylav
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Quick help needed

HEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP

Ok maybe I am being stupid but let me explain.

Problem No 1

I am trying to change the LED's behind my instruments on MY97. At present I have all the surround removed from around dials and the 4 screws that hold the instrument pod in are removed. The pod is very loose however it will not come out. It feels like there are wires holding it back however I cannot get to the back to unplug them. Also do I have an elctronic speedo or is there a speedo cable too ??

Problem No 2

I will also change the bulbs behind the heater controls. I have removed the ***** and switches and the unit is loose. However, on the back of the dial which directs the air through different vents there appears to be a wire / rod which prevents me getting this out too.

Has anyone any advice for either of these problems before I take a hammer to the dash as I am getting inpatient and my bleeding knuckles are making a mess on my interior

Any advice would be more than welcome
Old 23 July 2004, 11:09 AM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Speedo is electronic im sure, There are multiplugs behind, Try dropping the steering column, (lever to the left of the column) & remove the plastic covers form around the indicators stalks Etc (screws underneath) to give youmore room. I little fiddling & twisting may be required of the ckuster , but you can normally manage to unplug the looms.

As for number two, you may have to disconnect the rod you mentioned, as this will open & close the heater bypass valve.

Dean
Old 23 July 2004, 11:24 AM
scoobylav
Scooby Regular

Dean,

I have done that with the cluster bit but the cluster does not appear to come free from its hole.

Regarding No 2 I will try and disconnect the rod.

Thanks though,

Ian
Old 23 July 2004, 03:44 PM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobylav
Dean,

I have done that with the cluster bit but the cluster does not appear to come free from its hole.

Regarding No 2 I will try and disconnect the rod.

Thanks though,

Ian
Have you removed all the screws , if i remember right there are a couple which are difficult to see, Can't remember where though !!

Dean
Old 23 July 2004, 03:50 PM
scoobylav
Scooby Regular

Dean, It moves a lot but will not come forward enough to allow me to get behind it to disconnect leads. I am a bit worried about pulling it too hard

Any ideas ?