Notices

Alarm PIN.

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2005, 02:59 PM
555wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm PIN.

I have a MY00 Impreza and I have not been given the alarm pin no. by the previous owner. I contacted him about this and he referred me to the garage that he bought the car from. They inturn told me to contact my local dealer.
Now my local dealer is telling me that I will have to book the car in so that they can plug their computer into the car, so that they can set a new pin for me.
Is this correct, or can I set the pin myself and save some money?
Old 09 February 2005, 03:13 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

You can do it yourself but for obvious reasons it doesn't get posted for public viewing. Hopefully someone with the procedure will send you it via PM.

I got mine done at the dealers - Essential to have it done if you don't know your PIN.
Old 10 February 2005, 10:16 AM
555wrx
Scooby Regular

If someone can, it would be greatly appreciated. .
Old 10 February 2005, 11:53 AM
stevehulluk1
Scooby Regular

had exactly the same problem as you mate uk spec same year aswell, tried to get a new pin number from subaru gave them the vin number etc & was then told they couldn't get the pin code as it was put in outside of the uk ( don't ask it baffled me 2 ) i was having problems with with radio masts etc & asked for the new chip for the sigma alarm & total bill was £151.00. got no problems with masts etc & got new pin number
Originally Posted by 555wrx
I have a MY00 Impreza and I have not been given the alarm pin no. by the previous owner. I contacted him about this and he referred me to the garage that he bought the car from. They inturn told me to contact my local dealer.
Now my local dealer is telling me that I will have to book the car in so that they can plug their computer into the car, so that they can set a new pin for me.
Is this correct, or can I set the pin myself and save some money?
Old 10 February 2005, 11:57 AM
stevehulluk1
Scooby Regular

how can he reset it himself if he hasn't got the pin number, thats why you went to the dealer because its not possible to reset it by just anyone?
Originally Posted by messiah
You can do it yourself but for obvious reasons it doesn't get posted for public viewing. Hopefully someone with the procedure will send you it via PM.

I got mine done at the dealers - Essential to have it done if you don't know your PIN.
Old 10 February 2005, 12:52 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Apparently it can be done - although I didn't find out until the dealer had done mine, but it was done for free anyway.
Old 10 February 2005, 01:01 PM
stevehulluk1
Scooby Regular

i got told the same mate, but apparently it isn't true. it pi55ed me off 2
Originally Posted by messiah
Apparently it can be done - although I didn't find out until the dealer had done mine, but it was done for free anyway.
Old 10 February 2005, 02:44 PM
555wrx
Scooby Regular

I heard that if you are in pocession of the imobiliser fob, then you can reset your pin number regardless as to wether you have the old one or not. As I said, its only what I have heard, but no-one has been able to tell me how to do this.
Old 10 February 2005, 03:07 PM
stevehulluk1
Scooby Regular

i rest my case then, because if it could be done you are on the biggest scooby forum going & wouldn't you have thought that people would be flooding you with responses telling you how to do it mate? i got told the exact information you've been told & they are wrong. beleive me i've been there only 3 weeks ago.
Originally Posted by 555wrx
I heard that if you are in pocession of the imobiliser fob, then you can reset your pin number regardless as to wether you have the old one or not. As I said, its only what I have heard, but no-one has been able to tell me how to do this.