2002 Bug eye to 2006 Sti SPEEDO/CLOCKS CONVERSION

Search this Thread

Old 01 July 2006, 12:31 AM
yellowabarth
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Bug eye to 2006 Sti SPEEDO/CLOCKS CONVERSION

Hi All,

Have bought a set of 2006 speedo/clocks and fitted them with a slight mod to 1 of the 3 plugs.

Everything works, dials sweep and light up a beautiful red!!!

Just a couple of problems:

1) High pitched, similar to a lights on warning coming from a siren? fitted on back of clocks. On as soon as ignition turned on.

2) ABS light on all the time.

3) handbrake/brake problem light on all the time (may be related to ABS problem)

4) rear diff light on. (not to worried about this as my diff not electronic?)

Has anybody done this conversion successfully as I am so near but so far!!

Any help would be really helpful.

Have modified the fuel gauge/ temp gauge side plug and if left unplugged the faults on the dash are still there so its not that plug causing the problems. I suspect the third plug on the right hand side has a slight cross wiring but I do not know what any of the wires are and do not want to swop any over until sure of colours and operations they control... HELP.

You have a wonderful forum and as a mechanic... not electrical, I hope I can help anyone with what I know..
Old 05 July 2006, 11:26 PM
yellowabarth
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Bug eye to 2006 Sti SPEEDO/CLOCKS CONVERSION

Hi,

Thanks to the private message's replies and the help in finding the threads to correct the faults I have on this conversion.

I now think I might be able to fix all the problems except the ABS, Handbrake light but as it appears that the ABS is working and the light indicates the system is working (The system works in reverse??) I will cover the LED'S until I find out how to reverse the situation.

I only wanted the ABS system to work as its a good safety feature and one I can not do without.

I will attempt the conversion again this weekend and if its a GO. I will pass on any help to future forum members who are lucky enough to get there hands on the later type speedo clusters as I think it transforms the interior of the car.

Also need to change the back-light colour of the heater/centre console from green to red if I'm successful with the conversion, but thats another job!!

Thanks again for all the help and will keep you posted.