Indicators

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2006, 08:38 PM
Harty2000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indicators

Hi
Im havin a bit of a mare with some clear indicators I have bought for my MY96 scoob.
These are the 2nd pair I have bought and both seem to have the wrong connectors on them to fit my original wiring.
My first thought was to use the original wiring and bulb holder and stick the orange bulb into it to use but the bulb is wrong fitment.
Can you get orange bulbs to fit the original bulb holders or is there another way to fit them
Sorry for sounding stupid but for some reason I cant seem to work out a simple problem
Old 13 July 2006, 09:25 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

When I put mine on a '98 car, I simply removed the bulbholder from the OE indicator, and fitted it into the new one. It was the same fitting, and no connectors were involved.

Do you perhaps need a pair of bulbholders from a '98-on car? If so, try Grade A at Hayfield, High Peak.

I assume you mean a silvered bulb that shows orange? You can get them, of course, I have them in mine. Take the old orange bulb to Halfords etc, but be prepared to pay over the odds for them Mine were £11 the pair.

Alcazar
Old 17 July 2006, 11:55 PM
IrishEj16
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harty2000
Hi
Im havin a bit of a mare with some clear indicators I have bought for my MY96 scoob.
These are the 2nd pair I have bought and both seem to have the wrong connectors on them to fit my original wiring.
My first thought was to use the original wiring and bulb holder and stick the orange bulb into it to use but the bulb is wrong fitment.
Can you get orange bulbs to fit the original bulb holders or is there another way to fit them
Sorry for sounding stupid but for some reason I cant seem to work out a simple problem
dunno if you've thought of it yet, n i dont wanna seem like a smart-*** but it jus came to mind-maybe your bulb was the wrong type? as in an off-set pin when it should be straight, or vice versa? hope that helps