am on a very short fuse!!

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2006, 01:12 PM
minxy69
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question am on a very short fuse!!

Hey guys,

ne chance of some advice! My mirror and heater fuse keeps blowing, am told they are on the same switch i dont have to do anything in particular other than turn the car off!!

They've blown 4 times now in the last couple of days and as its very very cold really really want the heating working!!

I do have a turbo timer fitted but dont think thats running off the same fuse everything else works fine just the mirrors and the heater.

Have spoken to the guys at Triton who have been great and they think it might be a dodgy lead somwhere or the voltage jumping across wires.

If ne1 has any suggestions that'd be great otherwise its gonna ahve to be another trip up to the boys again think there getting sick and tired of me lol!!

Thanks in adavnce

Shell
Old 20 December 2006, 03:39 PM
Matthew
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Couple of possible reasons:
1/ The heater fan motor bearing has failed and the motor is taking too much current, causing the fuse to blow.
2/ (More likely) The insulation on the wires to the mirrors has worn through and they are shorting to earth.

Is there anything specific that causes the fuse to blow? Try starting off with the heater fan turned off and operate the mirrors, then turn the fan on. Basically if you can track down which operation causes the failure then you should be able to trace back and find the fault.