Notices

Digital clock 05+ wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 27 December 2006, 11:25 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking Digital clock 05+ wiring help

Just about to wire up my defi 2 controller and like on my old wrx I was going to take my power off the back of the cigarette lighter to power the controller,I have just noticed that because I am fitting the centre pod the digital clock is now redundent,at the back off the clock is the connector for it which is 4 wires which are...bat,gnd,light,acc will I be able to tap into this connector because the defi controller 2 which also has 4 wires which go red(battery),orange(12 volt when ignition on),white (illumination),black (ground) can somebody confirm this for me please that it will be ok to use this connector.
cheers
gus
Old 27 December 2006, 11:39 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont see why not but I would use a tester to confirm the clock wires?
Old 28 December 2006, 12:09 AM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You say clock has: bat,gnd,light,acc

Logic says "bat" will be permanent 12V, ie not switched by the ignition, logical as you want the clock to keep counting in the background even when the engines turned off. "Gnd" is ground or earth. "Light" dims the clock when you turn the car lights on so you can see it in the day but it's not bright enough to dazzle at night. "Acc" is the accessory position on the ignition switch so it only comes on with the ignition. Only guessing mind, as previous check with a multi meter that they behave as expected when you put lights and ignition on and off.

Defi wants red(battery),orange(12 volt when ignition on),white (illumination),black (ground).

Sounds like a perfect match, red to bat, orange to acc, white to light, black to gnd.
Old 28 December 2006, 12:11 AM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car

I will be checking in the morning,I just wondered if anybody had used the digital clock wiring for their defi controller I did do a search and couldn't find anything it looks like most people used the ciggie lighter.
Old 28 December 2006, 12:14 AM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the comment chelspeed it looks like you have come to the rescue again,will check it all tomorrow.