Notices

Uprated Spec C battery solution - cheap too!

Search this Thread

Old 31 December 2006, 07:20 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Uprated Spec C battery solution - cheap too!

The Spec C comes with tiny, sorry, lightweight battery that may not be up to the demands of day to day winter driving in the UK with SatNav, stereo etc.

As mine gave up the ghost today after only a year I went of in desperate search of a small, small terminal post battery on New Year's Eve (and Sunday to boot) without much hope in my heart.

Anyway at Halfords there were two choices. There is a battery of identical size with small terminal posts with collars on to make them bigger. The collars come straight off with a screwdriver and hammer.

Or, even better there is a battery of the same height and depth as the Spec C OEM that is 5cm longer. Also the polarity matches the original battery to the cables do not need altering. The Spec C battery tray is actually sized for this battery.

The bigger battery is 3kgs heavier but the rating is 380amps on cranking versus 260amps on the original battery. It is also only £44.99 and the guy said that the three year warranty would apply. It is the HB054

Sorted.

BTW the original size battery is £49.99 if you don't want to pile on the pounds. Neither were available as heavy duty calciums.

Overall a very pleasant trip to Halfords and the guy that helped was a big Subaru and Skyline fan and Elvington regular

Last edited by Trout; 01 January 2007 at 06:48 PM.