How to disable sunroof?

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2007, 10:31 PM
Cherad
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to disable sunroof?

'Lo all!

I've got a funny electrical problem: when I put my foot to the floor my sunroof opens! It just started happening and I'm away from home this week. I've checked the wiring diagrams pdf (MY95) that is available on the net but the sunroof section seems to be missing.

I want to pull the necessary fuse to disable the sunroof for now to stop it from happening, but the only reference I can find in the wiring diagram is that it's on the same circuit as the electric windows. I can live without those for a while, but I'm buggered if I can find the right fuse to pull.

I've checked both fuse boxes, the labels on the cover of the one in the driver's footwell have nothing to do with the windows or sunroof and the ones in the engine bay aren't labelled at all. Does anyone have an idea of what I could do?
Old 21 January 2007, 10:37 PM
RUDDY
Scooby Regular

could you remove roof lining and pull the wire off the motor??
Old 21 January 2007, 10:41 PM
Cherad
Scooby Newbie

Hey Ruddy, thanks for the advice - I hadn't thought of doing that but it is an option right now. A little more destructive than finding the right fuse but it would get me out of a sticky situation.

Would still be very appreciative if someone knows of a fuse to pull to disable the window/sunroof circuit. Cheers.