Notices

central locking on 96 wrx jdm wagon not working!!

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2007, 10:25 AM
krusty
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default central locking on 96 wrx jdm wagon not working!!

Hi guy's,
Anyone had any problems with central locking not working at all on a classic? I've got an imported 96 wrx wagon and the central locking is'nt working at all. I unlock the drivers door with the key but cant even hear any clicking whatsoever from any other door etc. Any ideas would be awesome as its a pain in the *** getting my 2 kids in the car, unlocking the dam boot etc when we're shopping at tesco etc!! lol
Old 27 May 2007, 11:03 AM
ticky
Scooby Senior

The central locking works via a switch in the drivers door. The switch is part of the latch system & is difficult to see in its location. You may have to remove the latch to check it. But you should be able to trace 2 wires that go to its electrical connector.

The drivers door switch then sends a signal (12v) to the central locking relay which then opens & closes the remaining passenger doors & tailgate.

With your passenger doors not working I would imagine its a simple blown fuse. So check the fuses.

If that's ok then that leaves the central locking relay or the driver door switch which may be faulty.
The clr is located in the passenger side footwell, you will have to remove the plastic sill trim to be able to get better access to it.

Ticky

First check your fuses (not sure which one is for central locking)
If the fuse is ok.
Then check the switch in the drivers door. This sends the signal to the central locking relay located in the passenger side (a pillar) footwell.
Old 27 May 2007, 11:06 AM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Chris Palmer's Home Page

You should be able to download some of the wiring diagrams to help you understand the electrical wiring side of things.
Old 27 May 2007, 09:46 PM
krusty
Scooby Newbie

Cheers Ticky,
That website has alot of info, Alot more info than i needed which is never a bad thing lol!
Thanks heaps
Old 13 January 2008, 07:15 PM
minty
Scooby Regular

Default Alrarm removed.....

Sorry to revive this thread, but i have got an issue with an alarm on my 98 WRX.

The alarm fitter has run seperate two wires through the grommit's in the door and connected to the bottiom of a solenoid which moves the mechanism to lock/unlocks the door.

The other connector from the top of this unit already has two wires which are part of the cars standard loom.

now the alarm has been removed the Central Locking doesn't work.

i cant see where he has taken wires from or substituted with the two which he has run outside of the normal loom.

Does the standard central locking system have x2 or x4 wires which run from the solenoid unit in the door ????

I hope that that makes sense to you

Thanks
Chris.
Old 14 January 2008, 03:40 PM
scooby_mark
Scooby Regular

have a look in the drivers sill remove the panel that expose the loom coming into the car from the door, he may have cut a couple of wire's so that the rest of the system become reverse pole, if he has just join them back up and it should work

mark