Notices

Water spray from classic STI Type R to GT

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2007, 07:04 PM
EDV11
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water spray from classic STI Type R to GT

I need help from somebody having an classic STI Type R with water spray. I have the full kit except the wiring. So I have some questions to make...

Where is the bottle mounted?
Can you please let me know what is the correct wiring for the pump?
Also, how is the wiring for the switch?

Any help of an STI Type R engine bay will help
Old 12 July 2007, 03:26 PM
STi5_TypeR_VLtd
Scooby Regular

My Type R does not have ABS and the water bottle for the IC spray is located where the ABS is normally located. i.e. off side front behind the headlight.

In theory the pump can be wired either way but only one way will pump water out to the jets... trial and error would be best for this I think. Its a right pain to remove the water bottle to check on the car.

I am currently in the middle of knocking up a replacement timer/relay module for my ICWS but my Type R has the Auto and manual button so wiring may be a little different. Essentially the manual switch sends a 12v signal to the timer/relay which then switches on the pump for 4.5s or so. My relay failed so I am replacing this with a PIC based timer/mosfet. I will be able to adjust the spray time with my new unit and have no moving parts to go wrong again.

The auto part I guess is just a 12v level similarly to the manual switch from the ECU depending on intake temp or similar.

Best bet with the switch wiring would be to buz out which output pins are shorted when the button is pressed and put 12v on 1 and the output to the timer/relay on the other. the other pair of pins will be the back light of the switch.

Rob
Old 12 July 2007, 03:41 PM
EDV11
Scooby Regular

Thanks Rob for your post

I have already figured out everything about the switch. The problem was that there were too many connectors, as it have 4 for lighting.

Also the pump, after cleaning it, shows the + and - signs.

So now my main concern is where to fit the water bottle. After I get the car back from painting, I will have to take a look, but everything looks too tight to find an easy place. I guess that I will always be able to fit it in the boot...

Anyway, about wiring everything is sort out. But I would not want to loose ABS just to fit the ICWS...