Notices

Dash lights out - but heater control lights on?

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2007, 12:41 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash lights out - but heater control lights on?

Story is I swapped over the complete dashboard, upon putting it all back I popped a fuse for the dash illumination. I checked as much as I could for evidence of a short but to no avail.

So I replaced the fuse and tried again and the fuse didn't blow, all was fine - except the illumination for the heater controls, lighter, stereo etc all work fine, but now the dash illumination and the hazards/rear demister switch doesn't work.

I took the dash surround off and checked the wiring to the 2 switches (hazards/rear demister) and all the voltages are there, so it must be the lights inside the switch....but both these and all 5 dash going at the same time? surely not.

Any ideas? They definately all run from the same fuse?

Also the lights from the DCCD display should dim down when the sidelights are switced on, but the don't anymore.

Help! I have full schematics, know the wire colours / fuse etc but this has me stumped!

Anyone else had this?
Old 30 August 2007, 06:21 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At a guess, have you fully pushed in the connectors at the back of the speedo?

Also there are 2 earth points on the dash loom, have these been secured correctly. I think 1 bolts on the crossbar & the other on the lower part of the crossbar (2 bars in the center)?

Ticky