fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2007, 09:56 PM
solaman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fog lights

hi all,
just got some standard foglights for my 98 classic but what i need to know is how do i fit them and what do i need, i was hoping i would get all i need with the lights but all i got was the lights themselves how do it fit them, with bolts?? and if so do the bolts go in from the front or back, do i need to remove bumper to fit them? sorry for sounding dumb but if u don't ask and i have searched around a bit to find an answer but not really found anything.

solaman.
Old 30 November 2007, 09:43 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Wink

Can of worms, this, as it'll depend on what model classic you have.

If it's a UK car, it'll have a plate with captive nuts behind the foglight mounting place. Each foglight is then fitted using three M8 x30mm bolts from the front, although you DO need a socket and short extension bar to fit them. I use Stainless bolts, available in packs of 10 from Screwfix. A4 Stainless Steel Set Screw M8 x 30mm - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys

If the car is an import and has never had foglights, (some STi's Type R etc) then you have a probelm since the captive nuts aren't in place. In which case it'll be a case of bumper removal. AFAIK.

UK cars will have the switch and wiring in place, it's just a case of plugging in connectors behind the lights. Switch should be ready wired.

Imports? There may be no switch, and no wiring, so it depends on w.h.y?

Alcazar
Old 30 November 2007, 01:53 PM
solaman
Scooby Regular

cheers m8
i have a uk car and have looked but can only see where 2 bolts might go? same as in pic on i think it is your thread about lights etc
Old 30 November 2007, 11:09 PM
drive
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by solaman
cheers m8
i have a uk car and have looked but can only see where 2 bolts might go? same as in pic on i think it is your thread about lights etc
hi m8 one of the bolts goes behind the indicator so you have to undo that screw/bolt first,whilst its out go to a local hardware store or b&q to match them up good luck as they look so much better with fogs....

ceri