Pro Stepper boost gauge.Dead?

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2010, 03:18 PM
digger64
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Stepper boost gauge.Dead?

Hey folks.
This problem is doing my nut in..Fitted a set of pro stepper gauges from the group buy here about ten months ago.All been running fine and really pleased with them,till this morning when i went to the car and the battery was flat.
Now i only use the car once maybe twice a week so maybe the battery has had it but i can deal with that.Problem i have is that after a quick charge to the battery i have lost all power to just the boost gauge,others are fine.I have been through the wiring and its OK which makes me wonder if its the sender or gauge.The power for the gauges come from the old clock connections on my blobeye by the way.
Any ideas please peeps.Don't really understand the magic called electrics.Thank you.
Old 03 October 2010, 03:25 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

All I can suggest is you check the connections carefully, and also the state of charge of your battery.

My Defis don't work below 10V.........
Old 03 October 2010, 04:46 PM
digger64
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for replying.I have double checked all the connections and i do need to get the battery tested but that will have to be done on the week.We seem to shut down here on a Sunday.I think i am right in saying there is no hidden fuse in the gauge or such like.?Just seems a coincidence that the battery was flat for the first time ever and the boost gauge packs up.Right,back under the bonnet it is.
Old 03 October 2010, 08:07 PM
digger64
Scooby Newbie

Whey hey!!..Its working again.Disconnected the battery,took the pod out then disconncted the boost gauge via elec connections at the back which was the main power feed in the daisy chain, swopped it to the centre gauge,re linked the boost gauge in the daisy chain,battery back on and it only worked.Don't ask me how mind..??

Last edited by digger64; 03 October 2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: wrong wording
Old 03 October 2010, 09:28 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Strange. Poor connection in the first place? Those daisy chains are a good idea, but God! the connections are tiny.
Old 04 October 2010, 06:18 AM
digger64
Scooby Newbie

I know,like trying to build a model they are so fiddly, found using a flat bladed jewellers screwdriver the best thing to get those connections in and out.Fingers crossed that's it anyway.