Notices

my HID headlights have a mind of there own lately driving me mad, please HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2012, 04:08 PM
jpearce
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my HID headlights have a mind of there own lately driving me mad, please HELP!!

Hi guys sorry if this is a repost but i have had a quick scan and cant find anything on this subject, my issue is i have a HID conversion on my 99 awd 2000 uk spec hatch, and a few weeks ago the lights started coming on as they please, i will say park it up at night turn everything off lock her up go inside and an hour or 2 later i will get a text saying my headlights are on and i go out turn ignition on again and make sure the stalk is switched off they go off again and then come on hour or so later i cant say how long it is for sure before they come on, i have been pulling the fuse to stop this from happening, sometimes they are fine and stay off and other times they will just turn on by themselves, really seriously confused and dont know where to start all the connections are good etc.. any help would be really appreciated
Old 15 January 2013, 09:12 PM
scooby2.5maz
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jpearce
Hi guys sorry if this is a repost but i have had a quick scan and cant find anything on this subject, my issue is i have a HID conversion on my 99 awd 2000 uk spec hatch, and a few weeks ago the lights started coming on as they please, i will say park it up at night turn everything off lock her up go inside and an hour or 2 later i will get a text saying my headlights are on and i go out turn ignition on again and make sure the stalk is switched off they go off again and then come on hour or so later i cant say how long it is for sure before they come on, i have been pulling the fuse to stop this from happening, sometimes they are fine and stay off and other times they will just turn on by themselves, really seriously confused and dont know where to start all the connections are good etc.. any help would be really appreciated
old thread i know but i have this issue and its the control relay ! the black box the loom plugs into ! i have just messaged bob at aztec to see if he has any