Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag light

airbag light constantly on how do I fix this problem
Old 25 December 2012, 07:18 PM
pflowers
Scooby Regular

Check the plug connections under the both front seats. It's a really common problem and usually a wiggle sorts it out.

Whenever my wife drives my car she moves the seat forward, or the kids kick something under the seat and sometimes on comes the airbag light. A quick check of the connectors and its ok again.
Old 25 December 2012, 08:05 PM
Paul green
Scooby Newbie

ok ill go and try that thankyou
Old 26 December 2012, 08:45 AM
martin850
Scooby Regular

What age is your car as pretty sure there are only the wires under the seats on post 2003 cars?

Have you changed the steering wheel?
Old 09 January 2013, 03:42 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by martin850
What age is your car as pretty sure there are only the wires under the seats on post 2003 cars?

Have you changed the steering wheel?
All newage cars have the wiring and if you had the eurospec seats with headrests they had airbags fitted. The bucket style like you had didn't so subaru fitted a squib (resistor in a posh housing) into the loom to cancel the light.

If all your connections are sound you need to get it on a diagnostics machine to see which of your airbags or pretensioners is playing up - no different to engine diagnostics just a different gadget
Old 05 February 2013, 05:23 PM
daddyscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JonMc
All newage cars have the wiring and if you had the eurospec seats with headrests they had airbags fitted. The bucket style like you had didn't so subaru fitted a squib (resistor in a posh housing) into the loom to cancel the light.

If all your connections are sound you need to get it on a diagnostics machine to see which of your airbags or pretensioners is playing up - no different to engine diagnostics just a different gadget
If yours is a new age you will find you can't use the obd port to read airbag faults. Do a search there are connectors on the drivers side which allow you to read airbag faults. ( nothing to do with classics and their fault code plugs)
Old 05 February 2013, 06:37 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JonMc

Originally Posted by daddyscoob
If yours is a new age you will find you can't use the obd port to read airbag faults. Do a search there are connectors on the drivers side which allow you to read airbag faults. ( nothing to do with classics and their fault code plugs)
I didn't say you use the OBD, I just equated engine diagnostics to airbag diagnostics and stated you use different tools, albeit not quite so eloquently put the first time around