Notices

Clifford Alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2013, 08:50 PM
Baz33
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clifford Alarm problem

Hi I have a clifford alarm fitted to my impreza sport iv only had car a week I don't have manual with the alarm and buttons are warn off on the fob iv worked out that the big bitten on the top right lock an un locks arms an disarms in and hold the too left hand side buttons puts it in to valet mode stops it going off wile doing stuff on car but a few times now iv lock it and it chirps but some times it dont chirp and I don't no why it does this I'm concerned the alarm is not on any one got any ideas why it chirps and then don't I no alarm works as it gone of when I didn't want it to I'm not sure what sets the alarm off too check its working chirping or not
Old 06 January 2013, 09:00 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

its hard to read your post with no punctuation , but , i think the clifford alarms will beep if the battery is low . It also may have "auto-arm" activated which will set the alarm if you unset it and dont open the doors. They also have "zone" settings , as in if you leave the boot or bonnet open and set the alarm , the rest of the car is set but you have isolated the area.

There is also the posibility you have entered the programming mode and ballsed the settings up !

The instructions will be available online i'm sure.

Last edited by CharlySkunkWeed; 06 January 2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 06 January 2013, 09:10 PM
Mike GT
Scooby Regular

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clifford-G...item45ee159cb6

This is your alarm fob, as all the above, you may have set and unset and reset again the alarm siren lol.....1 beep is unlock and 2 beeps is lock.....But then again if it has proximity sensors also, you may just keep triggering those off, which is a chirp sound.....lol

The twin star button is used for a turbo timer function that is part of the cliffords factory program.

Last edited by Mike GT; 06 January 2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06 January 2013, 09:19 PM
Baz33
Scooby Regular

Sorry about punctuation I'm dyslexic and trying to post up using a blackberry phone I will look on eBay for manual so how can I check if it is armed what sets it off. door opening hard thump on car move meant in side I can't see any sensors in side the car just want too check it working when it dont chirp it chirps most of the time
Old 06 January 2013, 09:25 PM
Baz33
Scooby Regular

Yeah sorry it does bleep once when locking and twice when unlocking but now it won't bleep when locking and unlocking so unsure if alarm will go off if some scum bag has a go at it still not sure why it not bleeping or what I might have done it bleeped too unlock went for drive now won't bleep but is still locking and unlocking ?
Old 06 January 2013, 09:26 PM
J44CE
Scooby Regular

What the led doing mate? You might have a dodgy siren that's all.
Old 06 January 2013, 09:28 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

if its a beep , its telling you something. If its a chirp , its the "warn away" sensor is maybe set too sensitive. I think you could turn off the arming beep , but as said the LED should tell you what state its in , and my indicators flashed once to set , twice to unset.

To actually set the alarm off is usually opening a door , or movement inside the car. It really depends on what model you have. There are tilt sensors etc. on some models.

For example mine sometimes went off if a lorry drove past , and a few times the bonnet tamper didn't line up properly and set if off. There are sensitivity settings you can adjust to avoid nuisance alarms , if you had instructions

Last edited by CharlySkunkWeed; 06 January 2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06 January 2013, 09:30 PM
Mike GT
Scooby Regular

You can turn the siren on and off with the fob, i just can't remember which button(s) it is......

But you indicators should also flash in sync with the alarm setting...ie 1 flash + 1 beep is unlock......2 flashes + 2 beeps is lock
Old 06 January 2013, 09:39 PM
Baz33
Scooby Regular

Yeah indicators flash once with lock twice with unlock thay still do even though its stoped bleeping sorry it's never chirped I ment to say bleep lol sorry to confuse you guys. At the min it's locking with no bleep and one flash of the indicators the red led on dash is flash fast ?
Old 06 January 2013, 09:41 PM
Baz33
Scooby Regular

Oh and siren does work i have heard it go off a few times but I don't no how I set it off lol so if I sit in car lock it and open door siren should go off ?
Old 06 January 2013, 09:43 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

hmmmmmm , thats different to the model i had , so cant help further. My blue LED flashed slowly when set.
Old 06 January 2013, 09:43 PM
Baz33
Scooby Regular

Odd how it's stoped bleeping ?
Old 06 January 2013, 09:44 PM
Mike GT
Scooby Regular

In theory, yes.
Old 06 January 2013, 09:45 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

you may have entered the setup mode by accident (doubtful) or as said above , a faulty siren.
Old 06 January 2013, 09:52 PM
Baz33
Scooby Regular

If I leave car unlocked after about 30 secs the clifford immobiliser kicks in and red led flashes slow I no this because when I turn key I get no dash lights and no starter till I hit the unlock button on fob again and when I lock led flashes fast just don't get why it's not bleeping I might go for drive now some wear out the way and sit in car lock it and open door see if siren gos off just for peace of mind a few nice cars have been broken in to round hear last few weeks it nice gear but scum come hear on the rob
Old 06 January 2013, 09:54 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

good idea.
Old 06 January 2013, 09:55 PM
Baz33
Scooby Regular

Oh right I get you now you saying siren might be intermittently not working ghats why it not bleeping but still arming alarm so easy way too check is too try set it off
Old 06 January 2013, 09:58 PM
Baz33
Scooby Regular

Out of interest if alarm has been set off and siren going witch button turns it off unlock need too no if I go try it in a min and can't turn dam thing off lol
Old 06 January 2013, 10:05 PM
Mike GT
Scooby Regular

Top right button is arm and disarm, same button does both
Old 06 January 2013, 10:09 PM
Baz33
Scooby Regular

Ok thanks I'm popping out now lol too try it let you all no what happens
Old 06 January 2013, 10:30 PM
Baz33
Scooby Regular

Right unlocked car no bleep 2 flashes on indicators got in locked doors no bleep one flash on indicators waited a min opened door siren went off indicators flashing turned alarm off useing top right button in bleeped twice siren went off got out locked doors again no bleep and one flash of indicators . So it works witch is good I guess I'll have too put up with it not bleeping lol at least it works lol thanks very much for your help guys and fast replies
Old 06 January 2013, 10:36 PM
Mike GT
Scooby Regular

Glad your sorted mate....I sort of think that the top left button is the one that allows you to turn the siren on and off...my old toad did it, I'm sure the wife's Clifford also does it....now you have the alarm working I suppose there is no harm in trying it lol
Old 06 January 2013, 11:15 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

manuals are available here

http://www.clifford.com/Support/Guides.aspx
Old 07 January 2013, 02:00 PM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

So, it's working normally except beeping when you arm and disarm? Mine did that and it needed a new battery pack in the siren, has been fine ever since. Was about 8 years old.
Old 07 January 2013, 07:10 PM
Baz33
Scooby Regular

Yeah I had another play with it 2 night it's still not bleeping when you arm or disarm it but if I open door from in side or thump on the bonnet siren gos off so yes it's working I did no there was a battery in the siren I'll see if I can find one on eBay. Thanks Albion for the link I'll check it out I'm just happy it's working too keep scum off it lol it may just be iv some how turns off the bleeping some how I'll get a manual seen thanks again for the replies turning out too be a very help full forum
Old 07 January 2013, 08:46 PM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

My battery pack came from a bloke at Midland Car Audio who used to advertise on ebay. Did a search for MCA and then give him a ring, think his name was Steve. He makes up the packs himself using better cells than the original, you can only buy a replacement siren via a Clifford dealer otherwise.
Old 07 January 2013, 09:25 PM
Baz33
Scooby Regular

So what will happen long term if I don't change battery ? Will evry thing stop working as in siren central locking on fob or at worst emobiliser won't turn off and end up with stranded car ?
Old 07 January 2013, 09:31 PM
J44CE
Scooby Regular

No the car will always work bud. Alarm will work fine. When the siren alarms it uses power from the alarm. That's why it still goes off when you open the door. But if someone were to cut the siren off then it would stop working. We're as it's supposed to carry on alarming on its own.
Old 07 January 2013, 09:33 PM
J44CE
Scooby Regular

There is one on eBay for £70. I can ring my supplier in the morning and get you a price on a new siren if you like. As I'm a Clifford dealer anyways.
Old 08 January 2013, 06:09 PM
Baz33
Scooby Regular

That's ok then had visions of a large bill for new siren or paying an auto electrician too buy pass it lol it sounds a very clever arlam having it's own power sorse if wire is cut thanks for the offer of getting me a new alarm siren but cash low at min and mot due soon I'll leave it as it is for now as it is still working and protecting the car I didn't no how good the alarm was its more clever than me lol but your replies have helped to under stand how it works and what it does after mot I'll get a manual for it thanks again for all your help and peace of mind it still works

Quick Reply: Clifford Alarm problem