Notices

Clifford alarm fob

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2013, 07:08 PM
Baz33
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clifford alarm fob

Hi all I'm going to buy a new g5 key fob from eBay as I only have one and want a spare one I need to no how to program it in to work with my alarm. I don't have a manual. I googled it some posts said I need my valet code I don't have this as I had no info for alarm when I had the car some posts say I don't need code ? If I do need code what can I do as I don't no it and I'm afraid if some thing happens to the one fob I have I'll not be able to use my car any info much appreciated

Last edited by Baz33; 05 February 2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05 February 2013, 10:34 PM
J44CE
Scooby Regular

Depending on the alarm. Some older Clifford have the code in the 4 digits on the middle of the serial number. As long as it hasn't been changed. But I didn't tell you that lol
Old 06 February 2013, 08:18 AM
Baz33
Scooby Regular

Ok lol ill try that when I get new fob. Wear is the number on the alarm some wear ? Iv read up about it some are saying the code needs too be put in (hopeing its the one on serial number) some are say put it in valet mode and press lock un lock on new fob and it will link its self too my alarm ? If my code is not the one on my siral number and I do need the code what could I do then too get it programed in ? Could I take car to a clifford dealer or some thing ? I love my car lol and am stresing over loseing or more likely busting the only fob I got I be happer finding out what too do now and get fob so I can sleep at night lol

Last edited by Baz33; 06 February 2013 at 08:27 AM. Reason: spealing
Old 06 February 2013, 08:57 AM
Baz33
Scooby Regular

Just looked on ebay their is too types on their thay look the same as mine but one thing is diffrent one got stars on left hand side buttons other one got one star on top and some other simboll on bottom left side button my other problem is all the buttons have warn off mine so don't no what one I need and all the fob numbers on the back have warn off too any one no if both type fobs will work ? I was going to oder a second hand one will that still be able too be programed in to my alarm? This is a night mare lol both types of fob on ebay say thay for g4 and g5 allarms