Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

It's been a long old 9 weeks but I'm getting there

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2003, 09:11 AM
RB5108
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last year back in August I bought a silver 95 wrx, it came with full service history 31K on the clock and was totally standard. Before the car was collected and seen by the other half I had a full BPM decat exhaust fitted, a bailey DV and a induction kit fitted , this was because I was in a agreement with her that if I bought another after selling the RB5 I was to leave it standard (yeah right). Anyway after having it for a month and attending the Tuning Japanese RR and getting 279bhp/254lbt I thought I would try and get it to 300bhp and leave it at that, so the venture began. After talking to Scott T at the RR he was telling me about the adapter and chip that could be put in the early cars ecu and this would increase the boost to 16 psi, so as the car was still running standard boost I thought this was a must. So a couple of weeks later this was fitted but during that time I was looking at fmic kits, yep you guessed it, I bought the hks kit. So with the hks fm fitted I popped along to see Scott to collect the upgraded Z4 ecu, twenty minutes of his time and it was fitted. This was pretty much it until the 5th January, the car had been running really well and then after having a quick blatt with my neighbour who has a 95wrx with a highly modified engine it went bang. The car got recovered Mike Rivett of Rivett Autos and on investigation I had lost compression on two pistons (ouch), so you can probably guess what's coming next , yep bigger and stronger engine.

This was to include:
A closed deck block
new crank
polished and ported heads
diesel liners
grp A cosworth pistons and rods
480cc injectors
ported headers, exhaust wrapped
h&s up pipe
samco hoses
uk gearbox /uprated clutch

So 9 weeks on, I got the engine last Tuesday but whilst the car has been of the road it hasn't stopped there, I have also managed to get hold of the following which is being fitted next week

A full set of cusco braces, top and bottom, front and rears
Tanabe susspec coilovers
full set of defi gauges
Cusco catch tank
quickshift

Oh and not forgetting the link ecu being fitted by Bob (BRD) in April

When I pick the car up Monday I will take some pictures as to power output I guess I will have to wait for the next local RR, Maffa pull your finger out mate, end of April is good for me!

I would like to thank Mark Aigen, Danny Fisher, Bob/Branko (BRD) Mike Rivett for all your advice and knowledge.

Maffa,Kev95wrx and Dyney for putting up with me moaning 24/7 that I haven't got my car

Gossy, Toby, scoobyjawa, Danny and others from this bbs that have helped empty my bank account

Bryan
Old 19 March 2003, 11:14 PM
MAFFA
Scooby Regular

Location: Down South to Ooop North to Back Down South again!!
Question

How did the work go today mate? Get a lot done?

And NO i'm not organising another RR day!! You can do the next one you lazy bugger
Old 20 March 2003, 09:58 AM
RB5108
Scooby Regular

It went well, the engine is back in one bit, just needs dropping in and the coilovers putting on.

I fitted al the defi sensors as well.

The end is near
Old 20 March 2003, 10:50 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

always a pleasure