Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Just been for a blast!! 56k beware!!

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2004, 04:14 PM
Owl28
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Just been for a blast!! 56k beware!!

Just been for a blast and found some fantastic roads I never knew about!!! I wouldn't mind but they're not 5 mins from my front door!!! Oh yeah and some of the Scoob..........

Steve.

Last edited by Owl28; 11 April 2004 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11 April 2004, 04:48 PM
CEL
Scooby Regular

Wheres that Steve?

Thanks for the managers special the other day mate

Wanna sell your old sidelights?, just broken one the the locating lugs off mine .. crystals look excellent by the way

Cheers

Chris
Old 11 April 2004, 04:56 PM
Owl28
Scooby Regular

Chris, it's out near Low Bradfield. How you broke the lug? fitting those side light bulbs? DOH! Which side is it mate, my drivers side has a slight crack on the lense but you can barely see it. Your welcome to it mate just let us know.

Steve.
Old 11 April 2004, 06:17 PM
mn_angrybeats
Scooby Regular

One of the nicest looking Impeza's I have seen in a long time
Old 11 April 2004, 06:28 PM
bonkers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mn_angrybeats
One of the nicest looking Impeza's I have seen in a long time
Agreed, nice clean lookin' car inside and out.

I do miss driving down interesting roads. Everything out here is either city street, freeway (motorway) or wide, sweeping country road - no narrow country lanes, no tight corners.

Here people brake for bends that you guys would take at 60+! It's been so long since I've practiced single-lane overtaking that I wouldn't trust my judgement any more. And when I do make it home again, I'll be in a rental car not my Scooby.

*sigh*

Bonkers.

Last edited by bonkers; 11 April 2004 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11 April 2004, 06:46 PM
rapiddescent
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bonkers
Agreed, nice clean lookin' car inside and out.

I do miss driving down interesting roads. Everything out here is either city street, freeway (motorway) or wide, sweeping country road - no narrow country lanes, no tight corners.

Here people brake for bends that you guys would take at 60+! It's been so long since I've practiced single-lane overtaking that I wouldn't trust my judgement any more.
I used to live in queen anne (seattle). It is amazing how slowly people drive and I never ever got used to the stopping to let people to cross the road on junctions when the traffic light was green. the screeching of my tyres usually sent the french fries and bagels up over the bonnet. whoops.

the wierdest thing was that SUV's would drive up the wet steep hill in Queen Anne - just smoking the rear tyres all the way. like 1/4 of a mile.

and. get this. subaru is the car of the lesbian community. I tried to explain that my subaru back home was a fire breathing dragon of masculinity but my WA mates were having nothing of it and kept asking if the gear"stick" could be reused as a strap on.
Old 11 April 2004, 07:10 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Quality scoob is that - love the colour - nice backdrop too - take care of here she's a beaut!

P

Trending Topics

Old 11 April 2004, 07:38 PM
Owl28
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys, your views are much appreciated. I must admit that the area is on my doorstep but rarely take advantage of it.

Steve.
Old 11 April 2004, 07:56 PM
bonkers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rapiddescent
I used to live in queen anne (seattle). It is amazing how slowly people drive and I never ever got used to the stopping to let people to cross the road on junctions when the traffic light was green. the screeching of my tyres usually sent the french fries and bagels up over the bonnet. whoops.
I actually live over in Bellevue, though I work in downtown Seattle. Been through Queen Anne a few times - much more like an English city than the East side.

the wierdest thing was that SUV's would drive up the wet steep hill in Queen Anne - just smoking the rear tyres all the way. like 1/4 of a mile.
You see (and hear) a lot of people doing that downtown too, especially on a wet day. I had a heck of a time doing the hill starts downtown when I first got my scooby - took me a while to adjust from the old 2WD, light as a feather Civic. Fortunately I take the bus to work - buggered if I'm gonna pay all that money for gas and parking just to have the "pleasure" of sitting in rush-hour traffic!

and. get this. subaru is the car of the lesbian community. I tried to explain that my subaru back home was a fire breathing dragon of masculinity but my WA mates were having nothing of it and kept asking if the gear"stick" could be reused as a strap on.
ROFLMAO! I thought they were all into buff pickup trucks.

On the Eastside at least, most Imprezas I see are driven by guys in their 20's and 30s so I should be safe over here... unless they all just escaped from Capitol Hill!

You "used to" live in Queen Anne.. where'd you move to?

Bonkers.
Old 11 April 2004, 08:15 PM
mattsan
Scooby Regular

Wink

sweet
Old 11 April 2004, 08:50 PM
CEL
Scooby Regular

Steve.. its the passenger side mate and yeah i was fitting the bulbs.. lol... the morettes dont half like to cling to the sidelight units.

Cheers
Chris
Old 11 April 2004, 09:26 PM
Owl28
Scooby Regular

Chris I'm going to be away from the pc for a couple of days so if you want to pick up the sidelight from work or meet us then text/ring my mobile...07769978406

Cheers

Steve.
Old 13 April 2004, 08:51 PM
Owl28
Scooby Regular